• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Glastonbury 2013

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Glastonbury 2013"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    Went down with friend on Tuesday night. Dropped caravan off and came home (they're staying the entire time). Back tomorrow am.

Its only 60 miles from me but it was mega-hassle Tuesday night. Not helped by pig tulip stupid Stewards. Got home about 2am in the end.

So whos going?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    off tomorrow!

See you there suckers

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    So what time shall I come around on the Friday then? And what times breakfast? You still OK to ferry me and mrs back and fore each day as well?

Nice walk over the fields, means we can have a nice liquid breakfast

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Not us, fortunately - Everyone round here loves going, but I hate it, and always have. I find it nicer to sit in the garden and listen when I want to. More like loud background music. We're about 5 miles away.

edit - Oh, and it's on the levels, so music carries an awful long way.
    So what time shall I come around on the Friday then? And what times breakfast? You still OK to ferry me and mrs back and fore each day as well?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Can't be arsed with festival tulip anymore, never been to one I didn't perform at which was fun though.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Not us, fortunately - Everyone round here loves going, but I hate it, and always have. I find it nicer to sit in the garden and listen when I want to. More like loud background music. We're about 5 miles away.

About 8 miles the other way on top of the Mendips here. Can only hear it when the wind's blowing the right way.

Might try and see how close I can get for the Stones set but last time I tried anything like that every minor road in a 5 mile radius had security on it.

It was always said that the villagers in Pilton got free tickets & most of them weren't particularly interested in going so they gave them to Pilton Stores to sell on & you could go in and buy tickets over the counter if you were lucky. Not any more - I drove past there last week & the shop is closed & boarded up.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    I do like the bearded man too - will keep an ear to the ground... you coming this year chef?
    Definitely, I've been there every year it's been on since 2007.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    If you live that close to Pilton Farm then you should get free tickets as they're given away to all houses in neighbouring postcodes.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    World beatbox champion Schlomo has previously played at Glasto, linky
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRK8mAioCpo

and I saw Beardyman in 2010 in Arcadia, he was amazing and has been around in small "secret" late night shows a lot of years from what I've heard

I do like the bearded man too - will keep an ear to the ground... you coming this year chef?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Check this dude out - think I'l pop down and see him as he's playing Shangri-la

World beatbox champion Schlomo has previously played at Glasto, linky
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRK8mAioCpo

and I saw Beardyman in 2010 in Arcadia, he was amazing and has been around in small "secret" late night shows a lot of years from what I've heard

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Can hear it from the garden. Not very far away at all.
    If you live that close to Pilton Farm then you should get free tickets as they're given away to all houses in neighbouring postcodes.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Can hear it from the garden. Not very far away at all.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I'm going to Download.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Check this dude out - think I'l pop down and see him as he's playing Shangri-la

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I'll happily camp in fairly shit:ty conditions for a couple of weeks but Glastonbury has never appealed to me. Probably the proximity of other tents and the plagues of trustafarians?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X