• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ".NET rate for working from home"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Yep, that's right: I watched England's match, drunk Stella, got contract - now if I had a wife to beat up I'd feel almost like a contractor from this board
    Ah yes, can see you'd have no problems with the citizenship test.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yep, that's right: I watched England's match, drunk Stella, got contract - now if I had a wife to beat up I'd feel almost like a contractor from this board

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Nice one.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Got £350

Leave a comment:

• lORD lUCAN
    replied
    Alas ...AJP , once the King of Mainframe Systems Programming has now degerenated into a support monkey and ...oopps there goes the phone ...AJ Pruffock speaking how may I help you ...oh youve forgotten your password ... (cringes) [/QUOTE]

password = see u next tuesday !! Oh for the love of GOD (not religous BTW)s

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    http://www.lahey.com/lf71/lfnet.htm

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I'm holding out for the return of FORTRAN IV.
    God. I can't stand that - even more than Cobol. I started out writing Fortran on bloody VAXen when I was 12

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
    Seeing these rates are making me quite ill. I'm a support monkey on £20 an hour. How hard is this .Net stuff ? Would certification in India get me the gig?
    Tut Tut me Lord.

There has never been a relationship between how difficult a contract is and the renumeration, quite the inverse in fact.

Alas ...AJP , once the King of Mainframe Systems Programming has now degeenerated into a support monkey and ...oopps there goes the phone ...AJ Pruffock speaking how may I help you ...oh youve forgotten your password ... (cringes)

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Life is fair. Other bastards aren't. You've just got a to be a bastard - that is all. Oh and a .Net bastard, and when .Net is no longer fashionable, then jump ship and do something else new and cool.

I think dynamically typed scripting languages are going to make a comeback next (particularly Python).

Leave a comment:

• lORD lUCAN
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Yeah I know what you mean. There are a lot of crappy £100K .NET contracts out there. Makes me ill just thinking about it.
    Mr Prawn life just ain't fair.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Yeah I know what you mean. There are a lot of crappy £100K .NET contracts out there. Makes me ill just thinking about it.

Leave a comment:

• lORD lUCAN
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    How about £300/day for every day worked at home, £500/day if you work onsite. Help focus their minds ands wallets if they insist you work in their office.
    Seeing these rates are making me quite ill. I'm a support monkey on £20 an hour. How hard is this .Net stuff ? Would certification in India get me the gig?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    How about £300/day for every day worked at home, £500/day if you work onsite. Help focus their minds ands wallets if they insist you work in their office.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    300 from home is good. Make sure the contract has travel expenses per mile in it as they'll want you to come in occasionally (things are never REALLY straightforward).

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    DaveB is right. Act keen, but reluctant at that rate. I reckon they will see you to £400/day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X