• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Permie: it isn't funny,sorry!"

Collapse

• vista
    replied
    Friday PM meetings

Originally posted by hyperD
    Hold a meeting at 16:30 today - that's what I did - you should have heard the gnashing and wailing of teeth - Chico would be proud!

In my world you'd have been on your own in that meeting ;-)

Leave a comment:

• mediclancer
    replied
    Visit new online store

Hi!hydrocodone infoBye

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
    Funny that, I was expecting less of him, we normally get, this isn't spell right,
    that isn't grammatically correct, blah blah blah. However, I note he doesn't do this to you Janey, perhaps Mordy is enjoying your feminine charms !
    That'll be Fleetwood then.

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    Funny that, women say that to me all the time...

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
    Funny that, I was expecting less of him, we normally get, this isn't spell right,
    that isn't grammatically correct, blah blah blah. However, I note he doesn't do this to you Janey, perhaps Mordy is enjoying your feminine charms !
    spelt

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by janey
    I expected more of you mordy!
    Funny that, women say that to me all the time...

Leave a comment:

• lORD lUCAN
    replied

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    Lower the tone? Moi?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    SEE??!! SEE?!?! It's not me who lowers the tone!

Sasguru owes me an apology!

and yes I do provide services in return for finance... I provide my wonderful programming skills in return for a nice pay cheque at the end of the month :P
    Lower the tone? Moi?

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    But the problem is the bar has to be lowered so much to factor in permies that your success criteria is from a business sense pretty meaningless.

I expect that as a contractor I could have completed the same projects in 50% of the time...
    Oh don't give yourself so much credit!

There are bad permies and bad contractors, get over it

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by interested
    I am surprised at this given that you are averaging 7.32 posts per day on here!
    I'm good you see! not on here so much now tho... my rating was from when I was in a cr@p job and had nothign to do

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black.
    replied
    Originally posted by interested
    ha ha nice one! Get in there.

Leave a comment:

• interested
    replied

I generally at the very lest get projects completed on time, if not slightly ahead of schedule,

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I must be in the 10% then...

I generally at the very lest get projects completed on time, if not slightly ahead of schedule, don't drink tea or coffee so don't have the tea break issue... and no I'm not unorganised or indecisive before you ask!

perhaps I should have gone contractor after all?!
    But the problem is the bar has to be lowered so much to factor in permies that your success criteria is from a business sense pretty meaningless.

I expect that as a contractor I could have completed the same projects in 50% of the time...

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black.
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    I've met many poor contractors - but permies are the greatest problem on projects I've worked on.

The best run projects are those that are 100% contractors - one sticks in the memory - a fine team of contractors but the client wanted to get to a 70/30 perm/contractor mix.

Each week contractors would be released and a permie would replace, with each permie the productivity of the team would reduce - one permie (female ethnic) would only turn up occasionally i.e. every other week,and in general had a very poor work ethic. All could not be dismissed without going through due process (and knew it!)

You have to accept that anyone who is any good is a contractor
    Agree with you 100% on that. You do get some poor quality contractors on projects, but the good thing is you can give them an hour/day/weeks notice. I worked on a project and in the first week a contractor was late twice - sayoonara. Imagine trying to get rid of some perm. that quickly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X