• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Desk sitters

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Desk sitters"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post

bollocks, he got me
    He plonked himself down on your lap?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    Urban Dictionary: pegged

Option 1.....probably.
    omg!

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    What does that entail??

Urban Dictionary: pegged

Option 1.....probably.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    If its the right person then I don't mind

Unfortunately there is a definite lack of 21 year old attractive girls working in corporate IT
    Not where I am at.... Radders has some serious distractions. Eye balls popping out all the time.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    he just want to be all matey and make you feel relaxed. he is almost certainly trying to set up a rapport prior to inviting you to join the squash club then inviting you out for the 'office splash' every evening.
    after that it will be the swinging sessions and only a short step to wearing the gimp mask and the rubber gear.
    If you dont like the idea of being Pegged by big Annie from Accountstell the fcker to get his @rse off your desk NOW.

What does that entail??

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    he just want to be all matey and make you feel relaxed. he is almost certainly trying to set up a rapport prior to inviting you to join the squash club then inviting you out for the 'office splash' every evening.
    after that it will be the swinging sessions and only a short step to wearing the gimp mask and the rubber gear.
    If you dont like the idea of being Pegged by big Annie from Accounts
    tell the fcker to get his @rse off your desk NOW.

This sounds like the voice of experience

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    bollocks, he got me
    If you dont like the idea of being Pegged by big Annie from Accounts
    tell the fcker to get his @rse off your desk NOW.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    bollocks, he got me

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I opened the desk drawers so he had no where to sit and he sat on the desk next to mine.

This could be a long battle until the contract ends.

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    there is an easy way to fix that.

Don't respond, or don't use messenger.
    Used with a bit of common sense, there is value in having something like skype distributed amongst the team. Used without common sense, it's annoying.

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

Had a boss who messaged all the time. If I didn't respond right away he'd phone or come over. He insisted that IM had to be open all the time so he could micromanage.

I cleared the way for him to find someone who was prepared to work that way.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    The people that get me are the ones that insist on skyping me when they are sat 10 metres away and want to have a flipping conversation that necessitates typing half a book. Get off your arse and walk over to me then you lazy fqwit! I realise they often want the audit trail of what I have written in a skype conversation but ffs, if that's the case send me an email and I'll respond formally when it's more convenient for me.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Got loads of those at the office in London. Then again it is the telesales hub.
    On a serious note.

You have a telesales hub in London? Just a thought but, isn't that an expensive way to do things?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    What is the issue with people who sit on your desk when they want to talk to you? Arse on your schema diagrams is one way to piss a man off.
    Permit me to suggest a solution;

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    The people that get me are the ones that walk around the office with a headset whilst on the phone talking loudly.
    It's not just that, it's that the fact of being on the phone dispenses with any need to watch where they're walking.

As for desk sitters, the French sit on your desk to talk to the person next to you. Optionally tilting your monitor (while you're working on it) so that they can balance their paperwork on it while they talk to them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X