• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oi woman, get back in the kitchen!"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Re: heh

Lithuanian
    Oooooooooooh.....bet you don't tell her that she's close to Russia Bit of advice; never tell a Russian that they are similar to Luthuanians, as they are generally hated 8o

Those Lithuanian girls can be very cute

Don't know if it's still true, but there used to be loads of Lithuanian girls working in the Benjiys near London Victoria station.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Finland is close to Russia but it's a completely different culture. No, not finnish. Lithuanian.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

No, I told you, she's close
    Finnish?

As for Gorbachev...he was a complete feckwit.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

"Franco, didn't think yours was Russian? "

No, I told you, she's close. That means that, at least, they can't be with you for passport reasons as they are EU citizens.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Is he a blow-up? I see his digit is ready for action
    Gary is always ready for action, although I fear you might be a little too old for his taste. However, if you pay your money he will be more than professional. After all, he needs the money these days....legal costs and no music career and that...:rolleyes

Well yes but £25 is selling yourself short I'd say. You should at least negotiate a £50 minimum rate for whatever you do.
    I'm not selling myself! However, if you're interested, I'll come round and punch someone for £10 :lol Alternatively, slip me a fiver and I'll bash your bishop :b

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>> Well, isn't that in the contractor's true spirit, anyway?

Well yes but £25 is selling yourself short I'd say. You should at least negotiate a £50 minimum rate for whatever you do.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Franco, didn't think yours was Russian?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

"I'm a bit worried about your constant refs to selling yourself, though"

Well, isn't that in the contractor's true spirit, anyway?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Is he a blow-up? I see his digit is ready for action:lol

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    According to Francis Fukuyam (leading thinker), one of the causes of social breakdown in the US has been women enterting the workforce (ooh controversial i hear). However Gorbachev raises the same point in his 'Prostika'. Is there some truth in this?

"The women in our western society were driven out of the homes. As a result of her expulsion from the home, we gained some economic benefits in the form of some production, because men and women are both working. Despite the increase in production, its inevitable result was that our family system was shattered. The loss sustained by this destruction of the family system is more than the gains obtained from increase in production. I am, therefore going to launch in my country a campaign in the name of "Prostika" The basic objective of this campaign is to think how we can bring back to her home the women who has gone out of her home. We have to think about this; otherwise the entire nation will be destroyed."

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I'm a bit worried about your constant refs to selling yourself, though.
    SG, I'm not selling myself. I'm selling my gary. He's ruddy good fun for £25. Have a pop at him...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

WS

No thanks WS, I only bat for the right side.
    I'm a bit worried about your constant refs to selling yourself, though.:lol

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

"meet a well paid man, then drop you like a lead weight "

Oh well, good as long as it lasts. Carpe diem!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

So Sandy, how's your wife/girlfriend if you have one. Did she leave you and that's why you're pretending to be a woman?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Describe the effect and tell me it's the cause

So blokes who can afford to keep themselves and a wife are earning more than blokes who can just afford to keep themselves. Well I never. Thankyou University of Tossing Essex. Keep charging those tuition fees now!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X