• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where is everyone going for their hols?"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Off to my pad in Mallorca.

Sasguru, I realise you must be a near-neighbour, living as we both do in uber-trendy Hoxton (ha!) - though my flat there is more of a garret than a loft.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    > If you travelled back in time to 1852, where physically would you be?
    >
    > Not on the Earth as it wasn't at this point in space in 1852...

By my reckoning you'd be about 1/3rd of light year away from where the Solar System was then.

The local group of galaxies that includes ours is moving at roughly 600 km/sec towards a supercluster called the Great Attractor, and light speed is about 300,000 km/sec in a vacuum.

The galaxy is also obviously rotating, but a lot slower I think, and I can't be bothered to pursue that.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm off to cockleshell bay with Robin and Rosie
    Would that be Rosie Palmer with the famous sisters by any chance ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Anyone ever been on a nudist holiday?
    Nearly. EasyJet lost my luggage last year.

This year I am mostly staying at home to keep the builders under close scutiny.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Lucifer - I know someone with a campsite in Greendale. Just phone Mrs Goggins at the post office and ask for Ted.

Wageslave - Images of Babs Windsor and Sid James spring to mind for some reason.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    threaded is not of this world at any any time so it doesn't matter

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The thing I don't understand about time travel is this...

If you travelled back in time to 1852, where physically would you be?

Not on the Earth as it wasn't at this point in space in 1852...

Spod - In "just asking" mode!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Anyone ever been on a nudist holiday?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

threaded

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Off to my pied-a-terre on the Jasmin Allen estate.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Does anyone know someone who has a mobile home for rent in the Trumpton area?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm off to cockleshell bay with Robin and Rosie

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm saving up for a holiday to Selsey Bill or Bracklesham Bay.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Orlando July 5th.

It's my first time !!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Skegness. Go there every year since I was four. Don't like going abroad it's full of dirty foreigners and scousers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X