• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The New Movie Thread"

Collapse

• Lockhouse
    replied
    This although a couple of years old is highly recommended (by me).

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Anybody got a review on the Expendables 2 ?
    My wife bought me Expendables 1 on Blu-ray and enjoyed it more than me. WTF!!

Sounds like Expendables 2 is gonna be fun to watch. She's keen to go see it.

Looper looks like Van Damme's Time Cop, with a different tilt.

The Hobbit is coming out at Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    When I saw the title I thought it was going to be a remake of:
    Bullet in the Head (1990) - IMDb

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied

What you may need to know

1. Ten years ago he was on the ropes. Now Sly Stallone is a movie star again. He’s celebrating this by starring in a cop thriller that makes The Expendables (2010) look like The Usual Suspects (1995).

2. That said, Bullet To The Head is the first movie in a decade directed by cult hero Walter Hill, the genius behind everything from The Driver (1978), The Warriors (1979), The Long Riders (1980) and Southern Comfort (1981) to 48 Hours (1982) , Streets Of Fire (1984) and (more recently) the pilot for Deadwood. So we’re there.

3. Famous last words at ’30.

4. Cascading torrent of cop movie cliches between ’40 -- ’50.

5. Hilarious ill-matched cop buddy movie racism at 1’00

6. Has-been one-time movie star in brief supporting role at 1’15. So sad.

7. All-time classic cop buddy movie cliche punctuated with hilarious ‘Stallone is OLD’ gag at 1’30.

8. Randomers flying through the air at 2’14.

9. We haven’t been this excited about a Stallone flick since Cobra (1986).

10. Remember the time Sly appeared in a Woody Allen movie? And no, we don’t mean Antz (1998)

Release date: January 2013

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Looks like a Chap Flick.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied

The Frozen Ground (2012) - IMDb

What you may need to know

1. We are making it our mission to keep you up to date with all future Straight-To-DVD movies featuring Nicolas Cage and/or 50 Cent. Thankfully, Frozen Ground features both. Although Fiddy isn’t in the trailer.

2. This appears to be an unfinished trailer, like they couldn’t even be bothered.

3. With this, The Raven (2012) and the forthcoming Paperboy (2012) John Cusack appears to be entering his serial killer movie phase; next, he plays Richard Nixon.

4. Based on ‘actual events’ and directed by Scott Walker (not the reclusive avant-garde pop genius), Frozen Ground also features Hank from Breaking Bad. We love Hank.

5. Vanessa Hudgens has made a graceful move from wholesome teen ingenues (the High School Musical trilogy) to more mature roles, such as a dancing prostitute in Sucker Punch (2012) and now an Alaskan stripper/serial killer bait.

6. A million years ago, Cage and Cusack starred in the magnificent Con Air (1997). These days, Cage is holding out for an offer to appear in Expendables 3.

Release Date: DVD shelves by Xmas (our estimate)

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by louie View Post
    I have heard a new Robocop is in the works, loved the orignal, its been a decent amount of time in between for a reboot (unlike Spiderman).
    It's well underway, with the bloke from the American version of The Killing as Murphy/Robo.

Leave a comment:

• louie
    replied
    I have heard a new Robocop is in the works, loved the orignal, its been a decent amount of time in between for a reboot (unlike Spiderman).

Leave a comment:

• Ketchup
    replied
    I know it is a long way off, and no information about it available yet, but i am eagerly awaiting

The Comedian, directed by Sean Penn. The last film he directed (into the wild) was the best film i have ever seen

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    The B9961 is drinking at the bar when this big mean red road walks in.
    'YOU, get out of the way, this is MY place. I'm the A6'

so the little B road shuffles off into the corner.

then the massive big blue M6 strolls in, smacks the A6 round the lug ole
    and the A6 shuffles off into the other corner.

then this little black wiggly road comes in, and the B9961 runs out the back, the A6 jumps out of one window and the M6 runs off to hide in the toilet.

The barman thinks to himself
    'Uh o. looks like we've got a right cycle path here'

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Olga Kurylenko is always worth seeing. She's been in some good stuff (Kirot, The Serpernt, Max Payne all spring to mind)

Leave a comment:

• TheBigD
    replied
    Looking forward to this

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Anybody got a review on the Expendables 2 ?
    Sas said it's awesome and even better than the first one

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Marillion the movie is to be released next year. I shall be reviewing that shortly.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    I like Tom Waits the musician a lot, not so sure about Tom Waits the actor
    He was good in Dracula.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X