• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contract Travel Insurance"

Collapse

• Dalek Supreme
    replied
    Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
    Bad move. Wet Lease is the way to go.
    Well, it was Threaded doing the buying.

Leave a comment:

• Clog II The Avenger
    replied
    Originally posted by Dalek Supreme
    I bought my own fleet of aircraft. I found Boeing very competitive.

HTH
    Threaded.
    Bad move. Wet Lease is the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    right not covered by the holiday insurance, so just phoned Tesco and got my self covered, in Europe £45.65 inc, theft and accidents. not so bad..... and I think I'll bill the client!

Leave a comment:

• Dalek Supreme
    replied
    Originally posted by Daywalker
    I bought my own travel insurance, I found clubdirect very competitive.
    I bought my own fleet of aircraft. I found Boeing very competitive.

HTH
    Threaded.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I've discovered I'm not covered by the company, I have personal travel insurance, so I'm checking to see if I'm covered by the personal travel. About the booking myself, my client normally pay, but look to be switching, I know the client also get contractors from Manpower, who will book travel but charge a 8% fee for doing so. So if I have to pay for my own travel, I might start doing the same. Next week I'm in Paris all week, leaving tomorrow. the following week at least 2 days, and then possibly 4 days the week after that, the cost is fairly high..........

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Daywalker

Budget airlines are charging per flight as well.
    But does that cover you for Work as well? Or is it like Holiday travel insurance?

Leave a comment:

• Daywalker
    replied

Budget airlines are charging per flight as well.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Enquiries were made to Management about Travel Insurance.....Now they are saying that the "procedure" has changed, and we should arraange our own travel/hotels through there allocated Travel Agent!...........mmmmm!

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    started a topic Contract Travel Insurance

Contract Travel Insurance

Here's one for you hardened Contarators.

While Traveling/Working (Europe mostly) for my client, is my client covering me for any accidents I may have while working Travelling?

At the moment they book us Tickets/Hotels the same way as the permy staff...paying by a company Amex card.

I am wondering if I am insured as a contractor, or if I should take out my own Business Insurance, or indeed start arranging my own travel....

Comments please chaps!

Working...
X