• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Overheard in the office ..."

Collapse

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    Janey!
    You always manage to get the last word!
    nah that was eternaloptomist...

oh! oops!!!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by janey
    aww do they not realise they were providing entertainment for the whole of CUK... what am I supposed to do now?!

awl

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by janey
    aww do they not realise they were providing entertainment for the whole of CUK... what am I supposed to do now?!
    Janey!
    You always manage to get the last word!

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    ok so I'm repeating myself!

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    After dropping one of the pieces, a long length of aluminium moulding, several times, with a rather large clanging noise, each time, the manager came in and said "Threaded, won't you give him a hand?"

So I started clapping. Isn't it great being a contractor?

Then took me 5 minutes. Most of the five minutes were spent in retrieving various parts from where they had shot off too, getting some tools from my bicycle and an ice pick from the canteen.

So now it is done, and the show is over. Have to get on with some work now. Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    After dropping one of the pieces, a long length of aluminium moulding, several times, with a rather large clanging noise, each time, the manager came in and said "Threaded, won't you give him a hand?"

Then took me 5 minutes. Most of the five minutes were spent in retrieving various parts from where they had shot off too, getting some tools from my bicycle and an ice pick from the canteen.

So now it is done, and the show is over. Have to get on with some work now. Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by The Master
    Well I wouldn't follow Threaded's advice if he thinks hammering in a screw is the correct way to go about things.
    It's a joke on Manchester, do try to keep up with the threads.

"Chort, I've lost a screw." (Partially translated)

Beginning to wonder how much this blind installation is costing. Guess he's still cheaper than getting a Dane in to do it.

Leave a comment:

• BillHicksRIP
    replied
    A nun is sitting in the bath when suddenly there's a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" she shouts cautiously.

"It's ok Sister, it's the blind man" comes the reply.

The nun thinks about it for a moment and decides, as he's blind, he won't see anything, so invites him in

The man says, "Nice tits Sister. Where do you want the blinds?"

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    [QUOTE=threaded]Now that is being facetious.

QUOTE]

I thank you

OED :-
    Facetious : Characterized by, or addicted to, pleasantry; jocose, jocular, waggish. Formerly often with laudatory sense: Witty, humorous, amusing; also, funny, sprightly. a. of utterances, compositions, actions, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Have you noticed how all the village idiots: Chico, Milan, Threaded, Mailman think they, and only they, are privy to special knowledge? That could be the primary definition of a fool.

Or a Tool?

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Well I wouldn't follow Threaded's advice if he thinks hammering in a screw is the correct way to go about things.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    an Awl is a protective device to reduce the chance of hitting your thumb and index finger with a hammer in the same way that a saw is designed to protect yer teeth. Nibbling planks in half can eventaully cause gum problems.

Now that is being facetious.

Anyways, guy has now done a very complex series of rotations of the packaging for this blind. Methinks he is trying to gain some inspiration. There again, maybe it is some conjouring trick or strange Russian black magic incantation?

Hmm, he's put it back down now and is back at the workstation. Maybe he's Googling up 'how to install a blind'?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Oh, gosh, some of you guys are so hopeless... .
    Have you noticed how all the village idiots: Chico, Milan, Threaded, Mailman think they, and only they, are privy to special knowledge? That could be the primary definition of a fool.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X