• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Another dull meeting starts now"

Collapse

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Eee leck twissitty
    Ah! Them were t' days! The UK leccie deregulation in 98, NETA a few years later.

I miss the leccie industry. Last project I worked on was a leccie pre payment metering system for one of the big 6 here. Loved messing with formfill, DTC flows and the like.

Happy days.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Serious, I'm going to lose it here. Every single suggestion to solve problems is met with 'we can't do that because of circumstances' (well then change the ******* circumstances!). Every document includes 5 pages of distribution history, version history, loads of comments about anything except content, discussions about whether the next version is 0.96 or 0.95b, bla bla bla. I hate this; it's a loser mentality and I can't let myself be infected with it. It's people playing politics because they have no real hard skills or knowledge to bring in, and there's nobody who give a tulip.

Throw the documents around, stand up, bang the desk and shout '******* come on, we can do this, we're professionals! Whos' with me?' Then run for door whooping.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Eee leck twissitty

They need some bloody electrodes shoved up their bums, that's for sure. The contractors are as bad as the permies. Just sitting about yapping about office and project politics, none of them actually give a stuff about how to build and test a system.
    You're beginning to sound like Him!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    You are too professional to sit there and invoice, walk out and pm SY01. I'm sure he would love a spell where he could get the project back on track
    Serious, I'm going to lose it here. Every single suggestion to solve problems is met with 'we can't do that because of circumstances' (well then change the ******* circumstances!). Every document includes 5 pages of distribution history, version history, loads of comments about anything except content, discussions about whether the next version is 0.96 or 0.95b, bla bla bla. I hate this; it's a loser mentality and I can't let myself be infected with it. It's people playing politics because they have no real hard skills or knowledge to bring in, and there's nobody who give a tulip.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Eee leck twissitty

They need some bloody electrodes shoved up their bums, that's for sure. The contractors are as bad as the permies. Just sitting about yapping about office and project politics, none of them actually give a stuff about how to build and test a system.
    You are too professional to sit there and invoice, walk out and pm SY01. I'm sure he would love a spell where he could get the project back on track

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What's the industry?
    Eee leck twissitty

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What's the industry?
    Something that requires very expensive test contractors.

Not banking evidently ...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

I don't bloody care; they make civil servants look industrious.
    What's the industry?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    I know a senior manager who fell asleep then started snoring in a meeting! Most embarassing!

Must be a tulipe meeting though if you can post on tinternet forum and no one notice.
    I don't bloody care; they make civil servants look industrious.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    I know a senior manager who fell asleep then started snoring in a meeting! Most embarassing!

Must be a tulipe meeting though if you can post on tinternet forum and no one notice.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Slap!

Snap out of it man. Think of the children!
    Haven't got any. I'd rather **** off home, ride my bike and get on with my life.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    zzzzzzzzz

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    I'd love to see what your note book looks like, every time I attend meetings I end up doodling all over the pages.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I really don't know if this is worth the money
    Slap!

Snap out of it man. Think of the children!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I really don't know if this is worth the money

Leave a comment:

Working...
X