• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hello everyone :)

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hello everyone :)"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by LumbaBread View Post
    C'mon, all blokes do that ...
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Mrs BP looked out of the window yesterday to see a neighbour smoking outdoors while re-arranging his balls. When she objected I pointed out that not only do all blokes do that, but anytime is a good time. Even if one is about to be knighted, for instance.
    Especially

Leave a comment:

• LumbaBread
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    No - think of yourself more as a rhino - thick skinned & charge a lot
    I like that !

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Mrs BP looked out of the window yesterday to see a neighbour smoking outdoors while re-arranging his balls. When she objected I pointed out that not only do all blokes do that, but anytime is a good time. Even if one is about to be knighted, for instance.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Yup, knowing full well what can happen ... having a hard chin is a prerequisite for contracting ( although it helps with many other things as well ).
    No - think of yourself more as a rhino - thick skinned & charge a lot

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    I like this guy. Even if he may be a sockie.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LumbaBread
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    and did you put it back afterwards?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Have you ever licked the chutney spoon?
    and did you put it back afterwards?

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Yup, knowing full well what can happen ... having a hard chin is a prerequisite for contracting ( although it helps with many other things as well ).
    Have you ever licked the chutney spoon?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    bits are fine - but you might not want to mention the bobs.

BTW NLUK loves direct questions - don't bother searching the fora first. Just ask NLUK anything.
    Especially whether your expenses fall within IR35 now that your girlfriend has been a director for 24 months.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    few other bits and bobs
    bits are fine - but you might not want to mention the bobs.

BTW NLUK loves direct questions - don't bother searching the fora first. Just ask NLUK anything.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Now AtW, we've warned you before about telling newbies about why you're a virgin (with women anyway).
    You mean your missus is a bloke?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Have you ever been in a... in a Turkish prison?
    Now AtW, we've warned you before about telling newbies about why you're a virgin (with women anyway).

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I meant the whole site, not just the General subforum. The advice one can find on this site can be extremely valuable.
    Indeed, particularly the part that warns about this subforum - "All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously"...

Have you ever been in a... in a Turkish prison?

Leave a comment:

• LumbaBread
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    OK first you will need an agent, so I suggest you dig out a brown envelope and stack it full of used tenners and drop it off at dodgy's independent traders. Oh and I almost forgot let me have a CV and a list of all your contacts and references.

This time next year...
    1. I have a brown envelope ready although some people may not appreciate what's in it.
    2. Yup, you can have a copy of my CV, contacts and references won't happen though, sorry :P. And before you ask, no, my current employer is not listed either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X