• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Finally a banker who speaks the truth"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    SKA Inc is doing a lot of trade with EU countries in EUR currency, it would cost a lot more to deal with many separate currencies, that's the kind of real world business problem that I don't expect you to understand.
    And my business also receives 50% of its revenues (albeit only £5.50) in Euros and has done for nearly 10 years. yes it is very convenient but unlike you I like to think beyond simple benefits and I would prefer to have lots of business in many different currencies than no business at all.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Big events expected this week.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    WHS - AtW _cares_ so passionately about something he can do f*** all about (and that he knows practically f*** all about)

It's quite sweet really
    SKA Inc is doing a lot of trade with EU countries in EUR currency, it would cost a lot more to deal with many separate currencies, that's the kind of real world business problem that I don't expect you to understand.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

You make me laugh AtW
    My Plan B is a career in comedy shows

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    There is now an 80pc chance that Spain will leave the Euro in the nxt 4 weeks. Remember you heard it here first!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

You make me laugh AtW
    WHS - AtW _cares_ so passionately about something he can do f*** all about (and that he knows practically f*** all about)

It's quite sweet really

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "The euro is “irreversible” and the beleaguered currency union is not in danger of collapsing, according to European Central Bank President Mario Draghi.

The central bank chief suggested that analysts who have been tracking the mounting sovereign debt crisis in Europe have been too pessimistic in forecasting worst-case scenarios for the currency and had not recognised the political will behind the eurozone. "

The euro is "irreversible" and not in danger, says Draghi - Telegraph

Training is nothing - the will is everything!

You make me laugh AtW

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    fiscal transfer from North to South.
    What's that?

Euro will 100% survive, even if it loses some euro zone members (ie Greece) - that would have been desireable to make euro strongers, but those members know how tulip their life would be with their own currency so they'll never make active steps to achieve it.

So basically it won't happen. This does not mean euro exchange rate will be very strong for them - which is just as well very nice to exporting countries like Germany.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    It's Draghi's and Bernanke's job to talk down their respective currencies.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Its not just AtW - its BB too.

The only way the Euro can survive is by fiscal transfer from North to South. And I just can't see it. The Germans, Finns etc. just will not accept it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    FFS

Why does anyone believe the nonsense the Euro politicans trot out?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    just because he agrees with you doesn't mean he's telling the truth
    Speaking the truth is not the same as "predicting the future".

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    just because he agrees with you doesn't mean he's telling the truth

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic Finally a banker who speaks the truth

Finally a banker who speaks the truth

"The euro is “irreversible” and the beleaguered currency union is not in danger of collapsing, according to European Central Bank President Mario Draghi.

The central bank chief suggested that analysts who have been tracking the mounting sovereign debt crisis in Europe have been too pessimistic in forecasting worst-case scenarios for the currency and had not recognised the political will behind the eurozone. "

The euro is "irreversible" and not in danger, says Draghi - Telegraph

Training is nothing - the will is everything!

Working...
X