• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Kaunus.....Anyone been?"

Collapse

• rambaugh
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Cheers for that info. Looks like it is only about £1-2 for a pint of beer too. Pretty sure I know what the itinerary will be heavily skewed towards!

If you're ever sober while you're over there you can also catch the latest block buster movie at the cinema for about £3 whereas in London you end up paying somewhere between £10-15. As long as you dont mind the foreign subbies.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by rambaugh View Post
    I did some travel there a couple of years.

There are two parts to the city - new town and old town. There remains a castle from the 14th century in the city along the main river which is also worth seeing.

Not much is opened late at night there aside from the main shopping mall (believe it is named akropolis or something similar) where you can catch a movie. Everything is inexpensive so you'll feel quite rich.

It's only about an hours travel to the capital city Vilnius which is worth seeing! Or if you want seaside travel about 3 hours to Klaipeda.
    Cheers for that info. Looks like it is only about £1-2 for a pint of beer too. Pretty sure I know what the itinerary will be heavily skewed towards!

Leave a comment:

• Kanye
    replied
    Originally posted by rambaugh View Post
    It's only about an hours travel to the capital city Vilnius which is worth seeing! Or if you want seaside travel about 3 hours to Klaipeda.
    sounds like an STD

Leave a comment:

• rambaugh
    replied
    I did some travel there a couple of years.

There are two parts to the city - new town and old town. There remains a castle from the 14th century in the city along the main river which is also worth seeing.

Not much is opened late at night there aside from the main shopping mall (believe it is named akropolis or something similar) where you can catch a movie. Everything is inexpensive so you'll feel quite rich.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Kanye View Post
    Not meaning to be negative but its pretty rubbish. have passed through twice en route to Minsk and glad I wasn't stopping for more than an afternoon :/
    Oh well. I expect we will be able to liven it up somewhat................

Leave a comment:

• Kanye
    replied
    Not meaning to be negative but its pretty rubbish. have passed through twice en route to Minsk and glad I wasn't stopping for more than an afternoon :/

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    He's got an opinion on everything. You know that, including women. He's never been there either.

Cruel but funny.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Possibly. Have you ever actually been there?

He's got an opinion on everything. You know that, including women. He's never been there either.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Would you care to hear my opinion?
    Possibly. Have you ever actually been there?

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    Now, correct ne if I'm wong but didn't the Ford Cortina used to be known as the Ford Kaunus in continental Europe?
    Taunus actually (unless you knew that already and were just being funny).

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    This is how it's pronounced: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../43/Kaunas.ogg

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    It's spelt cojones.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Mad ex gf chef came from Kaunus, so be alert !!!

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Now, correct ne if I'm wong but didn't the Ford Cortina used to be known as the Ford Kaunus in continental Europe?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Perhaps you could confine your "advice" to people who might remotely give a fook what you think?
    Would you care to hear my opinion?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X