• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Oh FFS

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh FFS"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    I agree, I think he should have aimed higher, head of the IMF perhaps.
    He could not because the current chief of IMF is much less likely to get involved in a sex scandal.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    No-one would nominate him.

Cast your eyes around the wreckage of the UK economy and banking system. Would you?
    Irony dear boy, irony.

IIRC, wasn't it Call Me Dave that blocked his appointment?

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Brown
    replied
    Off the bench! Off the bench!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    No-one would nominate him.

Cast your eyes around the wreckage of the UK economy and banking system. Would you?

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I have a mate with a £100k+ job in the city who I'm constantly correcting on Facebook because he doesn't know the difference between there, their and they're.

I think you're right.

God bless fleetwood.
    Your spot on their.

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Pretty pathetic follow up for a former Prime Minister of Great Britain.

You don't see Major or even Thatcher the Milk Snatcher chasing such tulip.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I have a mate with a £100k+ job in the city who I'm constantly correcting on Facebook because he doesn't know the difference between there, their and they're.

I think you're right.

God bless fleetwood.
    A'men brother.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Can't say I agree with the sentiment, except for a minority, but he's doing it unpaid. Seems to me education leaves people in mega debt and in no better position than anyone else similarly loaded with debt. Having a Magna Carta/Cromwell moment is probably better and it doesn't hurt to have shed loads of coal or oil and a couple of hundred years head start either.

I think you're right.

God bless fleetwood.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    "Education breaks the cycle of poverty and unlocks better health and better job prospects."
    Can't say I agree with the sentiment, except for a minority, but he's doing it unpaid. Seems to me education leaves people in mega debt and in no better position than anyone else similarly loaded with debt. Having a Magna Carta/Cromwell moment is probably better and it doesn't hurt to have shed loads of coal or oil and a couple of hundred years head start either.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I'm sure some Scots are very proud of him.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

I think dearest Maggie is no longer up to it - and Major never was

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    started a topic Oh FFS

Oh FFS

Linky

Former prime minister Gordon Brown is to become a global education envoy to the UN secretary-general

Gordon Brown has been appointed as the United Nations secretary-general's special envoy for global education. Since leaving office the former UK prime minister has produced a series of reports on education in developing countries.

Earlier this year he launched a campaign for an international fund to bring education to all children.

Mr Brown said his new role would be a "great privilege". "Ensuring that every child in the world has the opportunity to go to school and to learn is a longstanding passion of mine," said Mr Brown.

"Education breaks the cycle of poverty and unlocks better health and better job prospects."

Working...
X