• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: deleted thread?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "deleted thread?"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    If that's what your wife says.
    Amen to that. Although as it happens I am a woman so you mean husband.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I'm wrong. Is that right?
    If that's what your wife says.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Women rarely hear what men say, and they're always wrong regardless. I fail to see how the addition of a forest changes things.
    I'm wrong. Is that right?

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If a man talks in a forest and no woman can hear him, is he still wrong?
    Women rarely hear what men say, and they're always wrong regardless. I fail to see how the addition of a forest changes things.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    It probably still exists, we just can't see it.

Of course this brings us back to the chinese philisophers... if a thread exists but cannot be seen, then can it be said to exist at all?
    If a man talks in a forest and no woman can hear him, is he still wrong?

Originally posted by scottr View Post
    that it's been deleted is more interesting tbh, was a mundane question about preferred umbrellas and sw contracting. I won;t mention them again in case that's what broke a rule.
    Probably just random thread deletion. The mods (and particularly admin) like to do random stuff without explanation. It means people then try to push the barriers to see what is acceptable and what is not. Take the guinea pig tagging thing - no-one knew admin was upset until suddenly all the tags were removed. A hint would have been nice.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    THis one?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...paystream.html

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by marillionfan View Post
    umbrella is a secret code word on cuk. You should have said brolly.
    sssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I thought that was Bishop Berkeley?
    I take it you watched QI this week too?

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    It probably still exists, we just can't see it.

Of course this brings us back to the chinese philisophers... if a thread exists but cannot be seen, then can it be said to exist at all?
    I thought that was Bishop Berkeley?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    that it's been deleted is more interesting tbh, was a mundane question about preferred umbrellas and sw contracting. I won;t mention them again in case that's what broke a rule.
    The lady from ** contracting looked at me over her half moon librarians glasses, her eylashes fluttered and small beads of perspiration formed on her cheeks as her perfectly formed breasts heaved and stretched the thin transparent fabric of her brolly-blouse

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Umbrella is a secret code word on CUK. You should have said brolly.

Leave a comment:

• Mose
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    was it interesting ?

we dont get enough interesting threads on this site in my opinion. Why not post it again, and give it a really interesting twist in the tail.

like ......'and as I sank my teeth into the brolly womans neck, I realised, I was a vampyre'

It was deleted by the interest filter.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Cheers, will do it now.
    Not Cojak! It's a trick.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Has my thread on my umbrella been deleted? Thanks.
    was it interesting ?

we dont get enough interesting threads on this site in my opinion. Why not post it again, and give it a really interesting twist in the tail.

like ......'and as I sank my teeth into the brolly womans neck, I realised, I was a vampyre'

Leave a comment:

Working...
X