• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Business Banking

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Business Banking"

Collapse

• Vandalay
    replied
    My old company was with RBS and they were terrible quite frankly, many problems with them. New company is with Barclays and they have been OK. Made some errors in account setup process, but have since been very good. Costs me upwards of £5 per month as currently getting paid by cheque (working through a third party small consultancy)

I have heard rumblings that Nationwide might launch a small business account soon, hoping they do so I can bundle it in with my personal accounts, and decent customer service.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    Amen to that. It's a joy dealing with them.
    Thread just reminded me I needed to speak to them. Phoned up, 5 seconds to answer the call. Very pleasant and very helpful.

Been 10 years + since i used them and still seem good.

Leave a comment:

• IR35FanClub
    replied
    Originally posted by Lloyd1981 View Post
    Barclays for me..

Been with them 2 years since incorporation and still running smoothly.

Yes I am now paying £5.50 a month to use but I've only had good experiences with them

...plus I like the way their website works, neat, tidy and easy to use IMO
    Bizarre! I'm thinking of moving because of exactly the opposite. Compared to my personal banking with nationwide, Barclays online business banking sucks. I can't get at statements and had blackholes when the 30ish days they keep online statements doesn't cover the period till my next quarterly statement comes in. I.e I could see what happened this months (from the immediate transactions) and what happened 90+ days ago(from the PDF statements), but not what happened in the period 30-90 days ago!! I've resolved it now, and have switched to monthly statements - but can you imagine my frustration that this wasn't the default option when switching to online statements instead of peper statements. Surely the function of a bank is to allow you to see what transactions have gone through your account! I had to wait 3 weeks till my statement came or pay for one(which I did as I needed it for a mortgage application).

That and I once sent HMRC my meagre monthly salary payment (as in my actual salary not the PAYE bit) by mistake as the way the drop down for recipient worked wasn't the best. They've changed it now thank goodness - but it used to default to who was first in the list. If you were clicking through at 1:30 in the morning after having just stapled all your hotel receipts, mileage totals and so on, it was easy to forget to click. Lesson learned. You'd have thought. I ended up sending them my quarterly dividend a few months later! Aaargh! I'm sorry - in my non-existent book of interface design - you should not be defaulting a payee to whoever is first in your list of payees! It should be blank so you have to choose one.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Lloyds do as well apparently. However you need to ask for the correct account after doing some research on their website for business banking otherwise they charge you a monthly fee.
    AFAICT all Lloyds accounts charge £5/mth. If you know which account to ask for, please let me know

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    This is the wrong forum to post looking for free banking.

HSBC do free banking if you have a mostly online banking account.

Lloyds do as well apparently. However you need to ask for the correct account after doing some research on their website for business banking otherwise they charge you a monthly fee.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
    Cater Allen...

Nice people in UK call centres.

Tone
    Amen to that. It's a joy dealing with them.

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    Cater Allen every time.

Leave a comment:

• Sands of Time
    replied
    Cater Allen...

Nice people in UK call centres.

Tone

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Alliance and Leicester (Santander) have free banking if you have 1K deposited per month.
    Easy online facilities and helpful UK base call centre
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    +1 santander , been with them since Abbey - all free .
    They also have let me use the counter services a few times, even though my account is supposed to be managed online and by post only.
    Santander have removed their free business banking over the past 12 months or so. Think min charge is now £7.50 per month. This is for new customers only, so those existing are unaffected.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Lloyd1981 View Post
    Barclays for me..

Yes I am now paying £5.50 a month to use but I've only had good experiences with them

...plus I like it when their website works, neat, tidy and easy to use IMO
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Lloyd1981
    replied
    Barclays for me..

...plus I like the way their website works, neat, tidy and easy to use IMO

Leave a comment:

• geoffreywhereveryoumaybe
    replied
    Wouldn't touch Santander with a bargepole

Been with HSBC for years and still free banking and all online.

Saffron BS do an interest earning e savers account

Principality do a 3 year bond @ 3.40%

Barclays do a good 10 day notice account @1.35%

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    +1 santander , been with them since Abbey - all free .
    They also have let me use the counter services a few times, even though my account is supposed to be managed online and by post only.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    +1 Santander. In 3rd year and still free.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Cater Allen - part of Santander, all free

Leave a comment:

Working...
X