• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Carefree

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Carefree"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Janitors do indeed have to carry a lot of keys.
    So do prison guards.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    A bilingual joke.

Knock knock
    Qui est la?
    Lost.
    Lost qui?
    Yes.
    You had me at bi

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    A bilingual joke.

Knock knock
    Qui est la?
    Lost.
    Lost qui?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Which is why I like being in the mental hospital so much - no keys.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Which is why I like being in the mental hospital so much - no keys.

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Which I was a child again.

I don't like this working, being responsible thing. I think it's directly attibutable to the number of keys you have.

When you're a kid you don't have any at all. Then you get your front door key when you're a teenager. Then maybe a bike lock. Then a locker key.
    Then it's a car or motorbike key. Perhaps some more lock keys. Then it's multiple car keys, then front and back door keys. A numeric key to your bank account. A pin number. Multiple pin numbers.
    Keys online for this and that. A shed key, garage key. Key to the neighbours house.
    Key to the electic meter, key to the gas meter. Then a work key. Then you move! You get more keys, the old keys you keep in a drawer.

You can chart your life by the number of keys you accumulate.

Wish I didn't have keys again.
    It could be worse, you could be a permie.

Throw away your old keys. Discard them like previous lovers and clientco email addresses.

Also, your butler should sort this tulip out.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I used a combination lock for my bike lock, so that I could be carefree, not worry about losing a key and and didn't wear a hole in my pocket. This system worked well until one night when I became the owner of a sliced lock cable and no bike. Should have used a thicker cable, though these tend to use keys.
    I got into a bit of trouble at school by swapping over combination locks on the bicycles. The problem was the headmaster was confused on what rule I had broken so he let me off.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Janitors do indeed have to carry a lot of keys.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    I thought about this the other day actually, and came to the conclusion that the last time I was truely care free was leaving school at 16. I had the summer hols to look forward to, had the GCSE results that I wanted and had a bird who was fit and a whole new 'grown up' life ahead of me.

It's been down hill since then really
    I agree. I had everything but the bird bit.

The story of my life, really...

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    I thought about this the other day actually, and came to the conclusion that the last time I was truely care free was leaving school at 16. I had the summer hols to look forward to, had the GCSE results that I wanted and had a bird who was fit and a whole new 'grown up' life ahead of me.

It's been down hill since then really

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I don't like this working, being responsible thing. I think it's directly attibutable to the number of keys you have.

When you're a kid you don't have any at all. Then you get your front door key when you're a teenager. Then maybe a bike lock. Then a locker key.
    Then it's a car or motorbike key. Perhaps some more lock keys. Then it's multiple car keys, then front and back door keys. A numeric key to your bank account. A pin number. Multiple pin numbers.
    Keys online for this and that. A shed key, garage key. Key to the neighbours house.
    Key to the electic meter, key to the gas meter. Then a work key. Then you move! You get more keys, the old keys you keep in a drawer.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I used a combination lock for my bike lock, so that I could be carefree, not worry about losing a key and and didn't wear a hole in my pocket. This system worked well until one night when I became the owner of a sliced lock cable and no bike. Should have used a thicker cable, though these tend to use keys.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    started a topic Carefree

Carefree

Working...
X