• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is the new Pot Noodle advert racist?"

Collapse

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    There's lovely

isn't it.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Anti-Welsh week?

From BBC News

Flag target provokes racism probe

A pub landlady who used a Welsh flag as target practice at a St George's Day event has been questioned by police over alleged racism.
    Angie Sayer pinned it up at the New Inn in Wedmore, Somerset, for customers to take pot shots at with bows and arrows.

She claimed the Welsh flag was the only large image she could find to "slay the dragon" like the patron saint.

The complainant is understood to have reported her as a joke, which backfired when police arrived to question her.

Mrs Sayer said she had not intended to offend anyone by using the Welsh dragon during the event on 23 April

"We used the flag because it was the only dragon we could find. We had people in here from Wales when we had the competition and they seemed to be enjoying it," she said.

"A week later the police came round to say they had an anonymous complaint that I was a racist and wanted to know if I knew who it was."

An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said an officer visited her informally, believing the complaint to be a prank, and that no formal objection had been made.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    I've just realised the purpose of John Prescott.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole
    Hey, the welsh perform a very important role in Great Britain today. They make the rest of us look good.
    I've just realised the purpose of John Prescott.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    the new pish-nausea advert can't be racist because

a. the welsh are white
    b. the welsh aren't a race, they're a species
    c. err that's it.
    Hey, the welsh perform a very important role in Great Britain today. They make the rest of us look good.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge

a. the welsh are white
    c. err that's it.
    The Welsh species. I like it.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    And anyway

a. the welsh are white
    c. err that's it.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    TWAT twat twat twat at at

Good echo there my friend!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    echo*

TWAT twat twat twat at at

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Turn your echoe off Threaded you sound like you are in the bath, oh tulip, that is an image I don't need.

Haggis are limited to the direction of travel due to the odd lengths of their legs which is an evolutionary thing due to the steepness of the slopes they live on.
    echo*

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Yes they'd like you to believe that.

Turn your echoe off Threaded you sound like you are in the bath, oh tulip, that is an image I don't need.

Haggis are limited to the direction of travel due to the odd lengths of their legs which is an evolutionary thing due to the steepness of the slopes they live on.
    What you don't see is the yearly haggis-docking in the highlands.
    Groups of men chasing these small animals round the glens, and when they catch them they lop off half of the front and back left legs (the long-left-legged-haggis is a myth).
    All in the name of high-cuisine. Shocking I call it.

Outraged of Osthlethwaite.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Everyone one

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Everyone one knows Haggis are Scottish animals, there are left handed ones which run clockwise round the mountains and right handed ones that run anti-clockwise.
    This is true. I have seen them. I even saw one running in a straight line (must have been ambidextrous).

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    He said, "The joke isn't on the Welsh, but on people who'd think noodles are mined in Wales. It's the same as people thinking haggis are Scottish animals."
    Everyone one knows Haggis are Scottish animals, there are left handed ones which run clockwise round the mountains and right handed ones that run anti-clockwise.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Is the new Pot Noodle advert racist?

No. Next ....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X