• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Yay, it's Friday!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Yay, it's Friday!"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Parkrun k2 - wassat? Taking kids to park?!
    5K run in a park near you. (Or, in my case, near me). parkrun UK home Done 6 now, but not really improving. My unambitious target is to break 30 mins.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I do also have a date though!
    Look forward to a detailed analysis on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Oh and lastly, celebrating my extension til Christmas, having negotiated only 2 days a week on site and Fridays off.
    Careful, you wouldn't want to over do it

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Life at Pogle acres will be much the same.
    Shopping for Pogle jrs secondary school uniform tomorrow.
    (I must try not to blub in the shop!)
    Avoiding all the Stone Roses fans, who are, even as I type descending on the area.
    Oh and lastly, celebrating my extension til Christmas, having negotiated only 2 days a week on site and Fridays off.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    "weekend dad"
    Wank deeded.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Another used to spend his mornings before work and evenings after work e-mailing and when I asked him about spending time with his family he answered that he was a "weekend dad"
    I worked with someone like that in 2004. It was shortly before his wife booted him out and stopped him seeing his son. Thanks to the legal expertise I got him he started seeing his son about 6 months later.

I feel sorry for his son - but not for him. He was asking for it.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I never understood that either.

One guy used to spend the last day of his hols catching up on e-mails prior to coming back to work just so he could get straight back into it.

Another used to spend his mornings before work and evenings after work e-mailing and when I asked him about spending time with his family he answered that he was a "weekend dad"
    This bloke took a week off and flew into Charle De Gaulle.
    'What did you do after that ?'
    what do yo mean ?
    er..where did you go..you know for your hols. Normandy, Paris ?
    We stayed at the airport
    er..ok

I sh!t you not

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

One guy used to spend the last day of his hols catching up on e-mails prior to coming back to work just so he could get straight back into it.

What a miserable existence.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    we got a permie here who takes a weeks holiday a year. and he takes his mobblie and laptop so he's contactable.
    whats the point of living like that ??

beats me

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    we got a permie here who takes a weeks holiday a year. and he takes his mobblie and laptop so he's contactable.

beats me
    Sad life as a corporate drone. Maybe he'll die and be reincarnated as a rubber doll; that would be promotion for him seeing as he obviously loves being shafted.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    There are rumblings and complaints from the permies who are asking why the contractors never do overtime. Tempting to say 'we don't need to', but that might offend someone.

beats me

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    aye. it's tough if you dont believe in it
    There are rumblings and complaints from the permies who are asking why the contractors never do overtime. Tempting to say 'we don't need to', but that might offend someone.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    or with a few sneaky holes in that they need you to fix
    you got me

I put an ace easter egg in yesterday, shshhh , dont tell anyone

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    ja.
    but I am polishing it up.

I keep having ideas in my sleep, rushing downstairs and putting them in

it's enjoyable, in a strange sort of way. as a contractor I feel it is my duty to get it as sh1t hot as possible before tuesday
    or with a few sneaky holes in that they need you to fix

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Yep, clientco have tried to persuade me to do that, but seeing as I've only got another couple of weeks here and I've earned enough dosh for this month they can shove it. All the stuff they want doing now is guff anyway and wouldn't be necessary if the management were half competent, so basically everyone's told them to shove it and wait until Monday.
    aye. it's tough if you dont believe in it

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I thought you smashed your deadline and if was fozzy time ?
    ja.
    but I am polishing it up.

I keep having ideas in my sleep, rushing downstairs and putting them in

it's enjoyable, in a strange sort of way. as a contractor I feel it is my duty to get it as sh1t hot as possible before tuesday

Leave a comment:

Working...
X