• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tax Avoidance

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tax Avoidance"

Collapse

• Freamon
    replied
    Cameron has decided to go after Jimmy Carr for the same reason that the Telegraph did, because he is a celebrity and therefore the story will gather attention and sell papers.

It would be a lot less interesting if Cameron decided to criticise the accounting firm that advises Jimmy Carr, no doubt one of the Big 4, or better still the individual partner at that firm who invented the K2 scheme that Carr is taking advantage of.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    I'm not going to be lectured to by an individual who twitters about how she likes taking it up the 'arris.
    Mind you, if she gave that lecture round your place as a precursor to taking it up...never mind, but you probably wouldn´t be complaining.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Cameron is a hypocritical **** considering his own father was squirreling money away in places like Geneva and Panama some of which eventually found its way to him.

Not a ****ing clue has he?

It is a big circle of distrust, Cameron slated Allen in the press for having lyrics which his children were not allowed to listen to, Allen has hit back with this and her dad has had a few pop shots at Tories.

Don't tell me you support the stinking rich Allen family over the stinking rich Cameron family on this one.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Avoidance is the new evasion. I noticed alexander (or cameroon, cant remember which) stated people engaged in tax avoidance were the same as benefit cheats. Say ******* what!?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Cameron is a hypocritical **** considering his own father was squirreling money away in places like Geneva and Panama some of which eventually found its way to him.

It's about PR.

The Tory papers don't seem to like him very much as they know he has very few morals, so they are forcing him to say the right things.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    Why do the media give her opinions so much air time?
    Because daddy is connected.

I want to be rich and I want lots of money
    I don't care about clever I don't care about funny
    I want loads of clothes and ****loads of diamonds
    I heard people die while they are trying to find them
    Nice Lilly, nice.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Lily Allen is a cretin.
    Why do the media give her opinions so much air time?

I'm not going to be lectured to by an individual who twitters about how she likes taking it up the 'arris.

Mind you, damn fine lyricist: "you're just a racist who's not fit to tie my laces"
    Last edited by Malcolm Buggeridge; 20 June 2012, 20:31.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    It really makes me laugh, it does.

Its like when all those leftie musicians come out once a year to call us all rich and ignorant for not handing over money to stop drought, etc, etc, whilst sheltering millions in earnings.

I particularly love seeing Bono pontificate to the Pope about the third world when he could actually, in one swipe, and with barely 50% loss of all his money, put a well in every drought affected African village.

's, all of them

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    ok
    retrospective legislation * judgement * knowing how things work * risk bearing factor

Agreed, they're a bunch of ******* really. This is the type of loophole which was probably created to help party donors at one point...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Yeah but they could bring in retrospective legislation for anything if it suited them. Remember that time when you went scrumping at the age of 11, theft that was which means half of Britain would go to the slammer...
    ok
    retrospective legislation * judgement * knowing how things work * risk bearing factor

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    retrospective legislation
    Yeah but they could bring in retrospective legislation for anything if it suited them. Remember that time when you went scrumping at the age of 11, theft that was which means half of Britain would go to the slammer...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Surely if this is legal ,why isn't everyone doing it, especially you lot?
    retrospective legislation

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Surely if this is legal ,why isn't everyone doing it, especially you lot?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Actually you may find that I am an opinionated pro...
    I think I'll leave it there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X