• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Blackberry Bold 9900"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Sorry but I can't be the only one now imagining Pogle's nail running down their back
    "I doubt you'd survive" - Kirsty MacColl RIP

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    One of the reasons I ditched the iphone: the Galaxy S2 solves this
    I did have a very nice Galaxy slide that I'd switched to after my BB bold died, but my wife took a liking to the Galaxy, hence my purchase of the curve to replace it.

Call. emails and texts is all I use them for anyway.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Before my Atrix (that nobody but me ever bought) I had a Nokia N97. It was truly a bag of spanners on an epic scale but it's one good feature was the slide out keyboard. When on web pages, when you need to type something, on my current phone the virtual keyboard takes up most of the screen meaning that you are left with a tiny sliver of the web page that is viewable. It manages to beat the Nokia offering on literally every other point though!

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Sorry but I can't be the only one now imagining Pogle's nail running down their back
    You probably were, but I am sure that will no longer be the case......

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    I've got a Samsung G600 - zero feature phone ! I need a phone that can work as a wi-fi spot and as a phone at the same time - Is this possible, any ideas ?

Thanks all.

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I was going out to buy a Blackberry Bold 9900 this weekend. I already have a curve on Vodafone and my Nokia C3-00 on T-Mobile/Orange is getting a bit dated.

Not sure whether to wait or not now
    9900 is the best phone I've had, but I guess it depends what you want it for. I use it mainly for email but don't use apps that much.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I love the virtual keyboard on my samsung, however, having incredibly long strong (natural) nails, I do find it hard to use!!

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    I love the virtual keyboard on my samsung, however, having incredibly long strong (natural) nails, I do find it hard to use!!
    As well as the iphone virtual keyboard, I also used to have an HTC desire. Much prefer the real Bold keyboard over those two. Can't really comment if the long nails are a hindrance with either !

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I was going out to buy a Blackberry Bold 9900 this weekend. I already have a curve on Vodafone and my Nokia C3-00 on T-Mobile/Orange is getting a bit dated.

Not sure whether to wait or not now

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Yep. Texting on Android is much easier. However, if you need a phone solely for business I don't reckon you can beat the BB keyboard. I've gone from a BB to a Galaxy S2 and although I've got all the apps and a better interface I miss the keyboard and the BB just doing what it says.
    I left BB for a short while and when I came back to it I was so relieved.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Yep. Texting on Android is much easier. However, if you need a phone solely for business I don't reckon you can beat the BB keyboard. I've gone from a BB to a Galaxy S2 and although I've got all the apps and a better interface I miss the keyboard and the BB just doing what it says.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    especially when you have made an error and want to go back and change it.....

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I can imagine.
    spot on

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

I can imagine.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    +1 for the 9900. Ditched my iphone4 for it - couldn't be doing with the virtual keyboard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X