• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: London or Bejing?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "London or Bejing?"

Collapse

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Aaaaaannnnnnnndddddddd **** you!
    I love you more

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Are there no workhouses?
    There is no work full stop. Its all in China/India now.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I love how Google Streetview has obscured The Colonel in the KFC logo

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I can't explan it. I think it would be quite 'cool' if Britain were to do a sort of 'honest Olympics'; no poncey opening ceremonies, this is London, warts and all, people live here, some of them smell, some of them don't, some live in nice houses, others live in tulipty council flats, a few live in cardboard boxes and some of them have something to protest about; now get on with the games. That's reality and I'm afraid the whole Olympics is becoming a big fantasy feast that leaves many of the cities it visits with stinking hangovers.
    If a few of the foreigners visiting are impressed enough to make any investment in the UK or do more business with the UK or even encourage more visitors to the UK then great.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    pwweeease?
    I can't explan it. I think it would be quite 'cool' if Britain were to do a sort of 'honest Olympics'; no poncey opening ceremonies, this is London, warts and all, people live here, some of them smell, some of them don't, some live in nice houses, others live in tulipty council flats, a few live in cardboard boxes and some of them have something to protest about; now get on with the games. That's reality and I'm afraid the whole Olympics is becoming a big fantasy feast that leaves many of the cities it visits with stinking hangovers.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    No, I think our people go on strike unless they don't see REDUCTIONS in their pensions / salaries.

For someone who openly states that you blag through your working life, I find it hard to see the humour in trying to scapegoat the public sector workers who get shafted who are already on nothing (E.G Teachers)
    Aaaaaannnnnnnndddddddd **** you!

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No.
    pwweeease?

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    In the UK our workers threaten to go on strike unless they get more money.
    No, I think our people go on strike unless they don't see REDUCTIONS in their pensions / salaries.

For someone who openly states that you blag through your working life, I find it hard to see the humour in trying to scapegoat the public sector workers who get shafted who are already on nothing (E.G Teachers)

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Can someone tell me why it was WRONG for China to do the following things, whilst hosting the olympics; and it's ok for Britain to?
    No.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    I don't think we've got the room in prisons.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    In China their workers took part in the Olympics under pain of death.

In the UK our workers threaten to go on strike unless they get more money.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Can someone tell me why it was WRONG for China to do the following things, whilst hosting the olympics; and it's ok for Britain to?
    Because Britain is a shining example of democracy where as China is run by a dirty totalitarian regime which has no regard for human rights.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Are we throwing them in prison and concentration camps to keep them off the streets?

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    started a topic London or Bejing?

London or Bejing?

1. Doing up all the area to look much nicer than the real bejing.
    2. Banning demonstations and effectively gagging its populace for the event.

London 2012 Olympics: Leyton High Road gets new look that's more Notting Hill than EastEnders | Mail Online

Olympic crackdown: UK govt targets protests — RT

Working...
X