• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Enterprising Chap

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Enterprising Chap"

Collapse

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    I hope it wasn't in the "quiet coach"
    No, but thanks for giving me an idea.

Next time the train is packed I'll stand in the inter carriage area of the quiet coach or in the first class accommodation.

Should be a lot quieter.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Shudder.

Spent many early morning commutes stood in that inter carriage area.
    1st class

quiet coach

no bother except for the occasional 2nd classer walking through the carriage eyes down and cap in hand

nuff said

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Personally I like my peace and quiet. But for the majority I suspect they were very pleased.
    I used to enjoy buskers on the Paris Metro. Some of them were very good indeed.

And yes, I would put some dosh in the hat if the performance was good.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    So we're in agreement, this never actually happened?
    Yep.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    This thread has more sockies than Debenhams.
    So we're in agreement, this never actually happened?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Too right! With all that noise going on it would be impossible to use one's mobile phone....

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Personally I like my peace and quiet. But for the majority I suspect they were very pleased.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    This thread has more sockies than Debenhams.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    On a packed 7.13 to london Paddington this morning,
    Shudder.

Spent many early morning commutes stood in that inter carriage area.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    I would usually hate this but the let's look at the positive: I could fart and nobody would pay attention.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    started a topic Enterprising Chap

Enterprising Chap

On a packed 7.13 to london Paddington this morning, a young fellow stood up with an attache case, walked to the end of the carriage where he opened his case and tied up a black curtain between the upright handrails thus forming a screen behind which he hid himself.

He then switched on a ghetto blaster and proceeded to perform a show with an array of puppets that he had in his case. I have no idea what the content of the show was as I was stood in the inter carriage area and could neither hear nor see what was going on very well. At the end of his routine, he passed a hat among the passengers which, judging from the jingling I could hear, was soon full of loose change.

Wonder how long it'll be before some killjoy reports him & he's banned from the network. Maybe not a bad thing though, I mean, whetever next? Romanian Accordionists?

Working...
X