• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Knife attacks

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Knife attacks"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by maximus
    Short circuit the process & carry a gun - might still get killed but at least it gives you a chance
    Darn, forgot about carrying guns in the UK. Better stick it in the boot. BRB.

Leave a comment:

• ALM
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I am very lenient person and I can understand people make mistakes, however anyone willingly committing multiple (3 or more) criminal offences clearly demonstrates that he is a danger to society, so very long prison sentence is necessary - any further offence should result in even stiffer sentence. This does not contravene Human Rights Act.
    I agree with your point but disagree with the punishment you suggest. The threat of being locked up isn’t an enough of a deterrent. Those guilty of serious crimes should be made to pay for their crimes through 'hard labour' if not their lives. Have a look at the following link and tell me otherwise:

http://exodus.interoutemediaservices...elivery=stream

Leave a comment:

• maximus
    replied
    Originally posted by interested
    It seems to me that even if the police do catch them (unlikely); then the judiciary won't bother putting them in prison anyway Idiot Judge ; and even if they do get put in prison they'll either escape Clickety-Click or be let out anyway Click

So from end to end the whole process is fecked.
    Short circuit the process & carry a gun - might still get killed but at least it gives you a chance

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    I expect Euan would have to be knifed before Labour actually did anything useful

You can't visit the sins of the father on the children.
    Oh, unless of course the fathers were colonists.
    Yeah, you're right actually. You don't have an address for the son-of-a-bastard, do you?
    I believe he's wangled an all expenses paid scholarship to do an MA at some posh US university. All on merit of course.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Hush your mouth

I expect Euan would have to be knifed before Labour actually did anything useful

You can't visit the sins of the father on the children.
    Oh, unless of course the fathers were colonists.
    Yeah, you're right actually. You don't have an address for the son-of-a-bastard, do you?

Leave a comment:

• maximus
    replied
    Reasons why knife crime has getten out of control:

1: Ethnics
    a)- In the old days plod could do a SUS search of youths, basically stopping & searching for knives etc, this was deemed to be a "racist" act as most of the searches were done on black youths- to counter against this the McPherson report recommended all such stops are documented detailing ethnenticity of persons stopped etc. This added a layer of bureaucracy and therefore a disincentive for carrying searches out.

b) Pandering to the minorities - upon taking office all Police chiefs now spout the usual PC mantra that their main priority for policing is hate crimes - racism, homophobia etc rather than stopping crime

2: CCTV - This was hailed as a major crime initiative - you could remove plod from the beat and sit him in a watchtower surveying all of a town centre from a bank of monitors. CCTV will not save you from being killed, it may help with prosecution which could be some comfort to your family but will only swell the prison population, but is not a substitute for a bobby on the beat.
    They seem to be repeating the same mistake with knives scanners at rail stations... too much reliance on technology

The answers to solving this are actually pretty easy but would be too un-PC to be considered by the hand wringing liberal fcukwits.
    Things will have to get a whole lot worse before anything is actively done - I expect Euan would have to be knifed before Labour actually did anything useful

Leave a comment:

• interested
    replied
    It seems to me that even if the police do catch them (unlikely); then the judiciary won't bother putting them in prison anyway Idiot Judge ; and even if they do get put in prison they'll either escape Clickety-Click or be let out anyway Click

So from end to end the whole process is fecked.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMonkey
    That should be a good incentive to stop committing crimes.
    Well, if you take it too far then criminals will start killing their witness as it would not matter - their sentence will be same, that's why Life should be reserved only for murders and such, the rest can rot in jail for 10-15 years without right of parole - my calculation is simple: if a serial burgler is kept behind bars for 10 years then this is likely to prevent at least 10 burgling attempts, most likely a lot more than that - certainly worth paying for.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I dont think Human Rights Act would be an issue - nothing in it regulates how early criminals should be released: the reason Judges let many burglars avoid prison is because of overcrowding in prisons, but I for one don't mind paying more in taxes to make sure those guys are locked up - would not you?
    I think they should shoot the ones that have been in prison the longest to make room for the new ones. That should be a good incentive to stop committing crimes.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    you seem to want to deprive them of their 'rights'.
    I am very lenient person and I can understand people make mistakes, however anyone willingly committing multiple (3 or more) criminal offences clearly demonstrates that he is a danger to society, so very long prison sentence is necessary - any further offence should result in even stiffer sentence. This does not contravene Human Rights Act.

Thing is - first conviction of someone may well be a mistake, however probability of a miscarriage of justice taking place when same person was convicted many times for multiple offences is pretty much zero - those scumbags should be locked up and I will gladly pay extra tax for that.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Alexei, you've missed the point

I am asking why you have not been deported, as it seems to me that you obviously want prison to be some kind of punishment for criminals, and also that you seem to want to deprive them of their 'rights'. That in no way reflects the aims of the 'judicial' system in this country. (Almost typed justice systemm yeah right).

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I hope there are no human rights' lawyers reading this board, you'll get deported.
    I dont think Human Rights Act would be an issue - nothing in it regulates how early criminals should be released: the reason Judges let many burglars avoid prison is because of overcrowding in prisons, but I for one don't mind paying more in taxes to make sure those guys are locked up - would not you?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Sheesh Alexei

Originally posted by AtW
    Well I dont share this view - from my brief encounters with local police I have gotten very good impression on them. The fact that they dont go after criminals like thiefs is matter of policy that is decided by people well above them, perhaps Superintendats and alike are responsible for it - the courts are also giving ridiculous sentences, IMO anyone who have been proven to be a persistent criminal offender like burglar or anything should automatically get very lengthy sentences, say 10 years for starters, if they get released early then any further criminal conviction should automatically restart previous sentence from zero plus few more years for good measure - no right of parole of course.

Talking of parole - it seems to me that the main purpose of it is to spend as little money as possible on controling prisoners in prison - they hope for early release, so don't cause troubles, well, all nice, but this seems to be making job of some people (whose job is to keep those scumbags locked up) easier, but harder for society - if a prisoner does not behave, then put in maximum security without any priviledges whatsoever - the choice for prisoner should not be between good behavior and early release or full sentence, but between good behavior and full sentence in non-harsh conditions or full sentence plus more in very harsh conditions.

I hope there are no human rights' lawyers reading this board, you'll get deported. Actually since you're obviously a hard-working tax-payer who seems to believe in personal responsiblity, how come you haven't already been deported?

(DG in 'I know why you're not allowed to have guns in this country' mode)

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    What about 'bolder', was that correct?

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    I could of been laying bleeding to death
    have

Leave a comment:

Working...
X