• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: WT-actual-F!!!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "WT-actual-F!!!!"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    They were almost certainly both off their heads on drugs.

He probably thought he was eating rump steak in a tip top restaurant.
    Yup, synthetic bath salts

Whatever next?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Someone's just picked me up, driven me
    20 miles for a few pints then said grab a taxi back. That's me out another 60 bucks!!!! FFS.
    Beer is so expensive over there or you just tip as if it was England?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    They were almost certainly both off their heads on drugs.

He probably thought he was eating rump steak in a tip top restaurant.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    20 miles for a few pints then said grab a taxi back. That's me out another 60 bucks!!!! FFS.
    Wait till you come back the other way and find out that a pint in your old local will cost you nearly $7us!! When the NFL did a game in the UK a couple of years ago. a few guys came over from the us office. They came in on the monday crying about the fact that a couple of beers and a hotdog had cost them $30

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Get a hotel near airport with rats, after that your transformation into pooperscooper will be complete.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yep. 50 miles I think. Taxi was about 20. It's £5.a pint as well!!!
    Get a hotel near airport with rats, after that your transformation into pooperscooper will be complete.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    So they will do you a shandy out there?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    But you can get six shots for a bit of cheek

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    You gave him a tip and he swore at you? I swear when I give tips. Not that I ever tip or take taxis.

And the train fare was $6.75 for a sixty mile trip?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I'm ok.

Just had a taxi driver get irate at me for only giving him a $1.50 tip on a $8.50 fare. Seemed to think because I was heading to Silicon Valley I should be taking a cab for $200 as opposed to the train for $6.75 (it actually cost).

I left to the angry sounds of a this crazy guy shouting 'you're cheap man, you're a bum!'

That's no way to get tips.
    cheapskate, you're a bum

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I'm ok.

Just had a taxi driver get irate at me for only giving him a $1.50 tip on a $8.50 fare. Seemed to think because I was heading to Silicon Valley I should be taking a cab for $200 as opposed to the train for $6.75 (it actually cost).

I left to the angry sounds of a this crazy guy shouting 'you're cheap man, you're a bum!'

You gave him a tip and he swore at you? I swear when I give tips. Not that I ever tip or take taxis.

And the train fare was $6.75 for a sixty mile trip?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I'm ok.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Police believe he was a pennyless man.

So it could well be MF
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Loved this comment from Ron in Birkenhead: "Hmm . . . Shot til he finally stopped? I suppose tasering the guy and dragging him off was just too much trouble?"

As someone else commented, pity Ron wasn't there to run the operation!
    Wouldn't that have resulted in the already seriously injured victim being tasered too?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Loved this comment from Ron in Birkenhead: "Hmm . . . Shot til he finally stopped? I suppose tasering the guy and dragging him off was just too much trouble?"

As someone else commented, pity Ron wasn't there to run the operation!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X