• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Not Smoking - Day 3"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Normie View Post
    Well done

I'm into week 7 now, but using the patches, so on step 3 now (7 mg patches I think). Feel as if I'm cheating really cos I'm still addicted to the nicotine but have broken the habitual side of things (i.e. I no longer reach for the cigs when I get into the car in the morning, or feel the need to go into the garden straight after dinner).

I've been putting 40 quid a week into a money jar (7 packs of cigs, less a tenner for the patches) - gonna treat myself when I'm off the patches and clear for a couple of weeks, so should have about £400.
    Well done Normie.

Well done all who have packed in the slavemasters (including me).

Leave a comment:

• Normie
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Good morning forum peeps! Yep, day 4 and all's well. No cravings yet today. Out for a pint with a non-smoking buddy of mine later, not at my local, so that will be easy one to get thru.

And already the morning cough has subsided (dare I say gone?).

I feel like this ---->
    Well done

I'm into week 7 now, but using the patches, so on step 3 now (7 mg patches I think). Feel as if I'm cheating really cos I'm still addicted to the nicotine but have broken the habitual side of things (i.e. I no longer reach for the cigs when I get into the car in the morning, or feel the need to go into the garden straight after dinner).

I've been putting 40 quid a week into a money jar (7 packs of cigs, less a tenner for the patches) - gonna treat myself when I'm off the patches and clear for a couple of weeks, so should have about £400.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    My favourite is sh4gging Kylie and as I get the vinegar strokes an elephant shits on me.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Sounds like a great evening!

Life isn't fair!
    Haha, no, it isn't. Dont normally drink but it was such a lovely evening. 5am didn't feel too good...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    it's addictive and it can kill you - So is/can sex
    Sex can kill you - a great way to go

My favourite is sh4gging Kylie and as I get the vinegar strokes an elephant sits on me.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I went out for a ride in the Delaware Forest last night, then sunk a bottle of icy cold Sauvignon Blanc sat outside the motorhome, watching the sun go down.
    Sounds like a great evening!

I feel tulip today.
    Life isn't fair!

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Good morning forum peeps! Yep, day 4 and all's well. No cravings yet today. Out for a pint with a non-smoking buddy of mine later, not at my local, so that will be easy one to get thru.

I feel like this ---->
    Just got this from t'internet about 72 hours after stopping, so it's no wonder you're already feeling better:

Your entire body will test 100% nicotine-free and over 90% of all nicotine metabolites (the chemicals it breaks down into) will now have passed from your body via your urine. Symptoms of chemical withdrawal have peaked in intensity, including restlessness. The number of cue induced crave episodes experienced during any quitting day will peak for the "average" ex-user. Lung bronchial tubes leading to air sacs (alveoli) are beginning to relax in recovering smokers. Breathing is becoming easier and the lungs functional abilities are starting to increase.

Great stuff.

On a side note, I went out for a ride in the Delaware Forest last night, then sunk a bottle of icy cold Sauvignon Blanc sat outside the motorhome, watching the sun go down. I feel tulip today.
    Last edited by Old Hack; 24 May 2012, 09:41.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I last smoked 22nd December 1989

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Day 4 (Yes?)
    You'd be surprised how much will power you have ... Keep it up

I feel like this ---->

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    ******* bedwetter.
    Yes there's that too. but the adult nappies are handling That little problem thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Smoking makes you smell - I do anyway, have you seen my diet!

you look stupid - No dress sense

the chemicals age your skin - I'm 56, and look 45 (my mirror says so)

******* bedwetter.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

Smoking makes you smell, you look stupid, the chemicals age your skin, it's addictive and it can kill you - btw, you're paying for those privileges too.
    Smoking makes you smell - I do anyway, have you seen my diet!

you look stupid - No dress sense

the chemicals age your skin - I'm 56, and look 45 (my mirror says so)

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    No different to when a lot of us grew up. You just didn't have the backbone to say "No".
    No, I didn't want to say no. Nothing to do with backbone. I am sure you'll understand that.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    My Dad had a similar cycle of events.

The last time he gave up for good - Dead, throat and lung cancer.

So if any of you sheep need an incentive...

Smoking makes you smell, and in my opinion it makes you look stupid, the chemicals age your skin, it's addictive and it can kill you - btw, you're paying for those privileges too.
    FTFY

By the way Spod. Drinking kills too, as do many things. Sometimes it's good to have a basic sense of balance in your life. For soem people, smoking is actually enjoyable. It's fun.

Skydiving can kill you, as can riding pushbikes, motorbikes.

Balance.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Older than you. I grew up in and around the army, in which, in the 60's and 70's, pretty much everybody smoked, it was an everyday part of my life. I am not trying to use it as an excuse: it is what it is. I just smoked like everyone else. To be frank, I didn't really enjoy it until I started drinking, then it became almost something I did when I drank. I'll put my hands up now and say that I loved smoking, absolutely loved it. I wasn't one who'd wake up and smoke. I simply smoked down the pub, or at home (never indoors as I grew up in a smokers house) when I had a drink and I loved being with my Marlboro Reds. Didn't think I looked cool, couldn't give a tulip really, as I enjoyed it.

However, I then had kids, and smoking became something I did when they went to bed, or furtively as I didn't want them to. Then I just thought one day, playing cricket, stuff it, I don't need them.

But, make no mistake, where I grew up, smoking was just all around.
    No different to when a lot of us grew up. You just didn't have the backbone to say "No".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X