• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: its hit the fan..

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "its hit the fan.."

Collapse

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by el duder
    life is like a box of choclates.

what you get you end up sharing even if you dont want to share.

they will get at least a few of those choclates at some point. while your back is turned.
    hyperD, have you got a shareware copy of the Fleetwood Grammar Shield that el duder could have?

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied

what you get you end up sharing even if you dont want to share.

they will get at least a few of those choclates at some point. while your back is turned.

Leave a comment:

• lORD lUCAN
    replied
    arse.

i have to be qyuick with the typing as the bossis always looking over the shouldher.
    Tell him your busy getting screwed by some clog wearing corporate hippy.

I'm sure he'll understand.....

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    i have to be qyuick with the typing as the bossis always looking over the shouldher.
    You don't say!!!

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    arse.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    ive taken it. say le vie.
    I've taken it. C'est la vie.

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    the less the better!

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    btw - you dont have to talk like im not here.

your right i cant beat it.

and for the same money im getting a month in the uk, im only having to work a 3 day week, with my own apartement in dutchy land.

if u cant beat em' join em.
    inni'?

What happened? It was 4 day week, now it's 3, tomorrow will be only 2 day working week?

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    btw - you dont have to talk like im not here.

your right i cant beat it.

and for the same money im getting a month in the uk, im only having to work a 3 day week, with my own apartement in dutchy land.

if u cant beat em' join em.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    I agree with LG.

What reasons are given by the client ?
    Assuming this is the contract he's been bleeting on about elsewhere, it's because the job's in the Netherlands.

And that's the way it is there.

You can take it or leave it, but you'll be very lucky to beat it

Tim

Leave a comment:

• Kenlowe Fan
    replied
    Was it a Kenlowe?

Leave a comment:

• Crown Royal
    replied
    Management companies

Yes using a management company is pricey, but in many mainland countries the rules regarding labour leasing is very strict (especially in Switzerland and France). If you got the contract direct without an employment agency, then no problem you can use your own Ltd. But the fact that there is an employment agency involved, you either need to be employed by a management company with a Dutch base or a Dutch Rec agency. Generally speaking though (if everyone wants to keep legal) the management company has the contract with the end client, an employment contract with you and a margin-payment-only contract with the agency. This way you get the money on a fixed date regardless of whether the management company has invoiced the client or not. Also, if you can get the contract extended for atleast a year, and the contract ends thereafter, you can claim unemployment benefit (as you were an employee of the management company - something you can't get if you operate under your Ltd.)

may as well mooch off the system when in-between assignments....

might be worth considering.....

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    You can run your own limited for 6 months within the EC. However the agency won't want you to do that, because they want you to renew, rather than feck off back to the UK. Most will tell you allsorts of bullsh1t to get you through their pref management company.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Dont know the rules in Cloggie land, but you may find that using your Ltd is a non starter. You need soem proper advice before you jump in here.

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    thanks..

one company seems to be able to offer me a route where by i can still run my LTD company, and they act as my accountants...

charging £133.66

which seems better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X