• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "30% flat rate tax for PAYE and dividends, no NI"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    This would be 30% more tax than most pay here.
    A 30% increase on 0% is still 0%.

It's far too sensible to ever happen.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I can see that on the Yorkshire/Lancashire border at least

It's a small step on the way to independence for the Yorkist State.
    The next question is where to locate the North/South border

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    We have some extra sharp pointy sticks to poke them in the bumhole with.
    Some companies prefer to issue dividends every few years, not all the time. Nothing wrong with that.

I am rather hoping this is still ok.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    How about companies who like to pay their staff very little, and build up huge amounts in the company, whilst allowing their workers to claim tax credits?
    We have some extra sharp pointy sticks to poke them in the bumhole with.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    How about companies who like to pay their staff very little, and build up huge amounts in the company, whilst allowing their workers to claim tax credits?

Leave a comment:

• dynamicsaxcontractor
    replied
    At a first glance this looks pretty good, it certainly would make life easier. Looks like the loosers here would be the income splitter and the big winners the ones in the higher tax bracket. This would stop all tax planning and you could just get your money out and start spending immidiately, I am up for this....

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied

....and on the Cornish/Devon border.

Uproar a few years ago when a Devonian won the best Cornish pasty competition...

and when they tried to jerrymander, sorry, change the parliamentary borders, havign co joined consitutencies in both cornwall and devon almost caused war...

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    That's the American way.

The British way would be to put up border controls to stop the citizens going out into the next region to spend, or at least stop them bringing those goods back home.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Kind of like American state taxes, which encourage people into the state to spend.
    That's the American way.

The British way would be to put up border controls to stop the citizens going out into the next region to spend, or at least stop them bringing those goods back home.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Hmmmm, I wonder if we could trust local councils to be fair and just?
    Why not - they potentially then have an incentive to entice people from other areas to come and spend. Kind of like American state taxes, which encourage people into the state to spend.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    It would take an incredibly brave chancellor to scrap NI and do something like this.

People think they pay a lower rate of tax because they forget about NI, so they will believe that they are going to pay more tax even when they aren't.

I can't see Osborne having the stones to do it - and I don't think anyone else will either.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Councils would see their grants from central government cut but would be given new powers to impose local income and sales taxes
    Hmmmm, I wonder if we could trust local councils to be fair and just?

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    It's too simple. Ergo, it won't happen.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I'll take that. Seems perfectly sensible to me and no one would be worried about disguised employment any more.
    And for that reason it won't happen

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    This would be 30% more tax than most pay here.
    You haven't read it have you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X