• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Fast lane hoggers

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fast lane hoggers"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And I cant resist starting a fight! http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1547829

Will I get a ban for that?

Apparantly I have a knack of being able to start a fight in an empty room.....
    Yep, you're going to be real trouble once you learn how to escape that wet paper bag.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I get into trouble every time I do that. I actually avoided posting the BBC renewable energy bill news this morning. I just couldn't

And I cant resist starting a fight! http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1547829

Will I get a ban for that?

Apparantly I have a knack of being able to start a fight in an empty room.....

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    You're not my CEO are you!

Apparently I'm making them about £16,000 a month profit so there is the possibility

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Do tell?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Keep up the good work, you're adding to my pension pot!
    Do tell?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    I get into trouble every time I do that. I actually avoided posting the BBC renewable energy bill news this morning. I just couldn't

Keep up the good work, you're adding to my pension pot!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Don't bring facts into this!

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    I followed a Police car in the UK at upwards of 110 mph on a motorway for about 30 miles and didn't get stopped. Care to guess why?
    Edit: Just seen your reply.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    No mention there of 1991
    Don't bring facts into this!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Not in 1991
    When did you start wearing adult nappies then? 1992?

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    thankyou Diver for that. Note

queueing and slow moving
    Again....

Highway code 242:

242. Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake.

Thats the highway code, something referred to by the Police in Court. It doesn't say anywhere anything about 'slow moving traffic'.

Just get over it.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Not in 1991
    I followed a Police car in the UK at upwards of 110 mph on a motorway for about 30 miles and didn't get stopped. Care to guess why?
    No mention there of 1991

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Idiot!

That was going to be my next guess

You could have been in handcuffs in the back of a following police car after being caught shoplifting nappies in Tesco
    Not in 1991

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    To catch a flight in April 1991 from Brize Norton.
    Next time leave an hour earlier for the airport.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    To catch a flight in April 1991 from Brize Norton.
    Idiot!

That was going to be my next guess

You could have been in handcuffs in the back of a following police car after being caught shoplifting nappies in Tesco

Leave a comment:

Working...
X