• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Gold

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gold"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Chutney Spoon View Post
    He wasn't salvaging consumed gold, he was trying to turn crap INTO gold.

Here's the clue...

Moran’s barrister, Des Fahy, agreed that the general circumstances of the case were bizarre. He said Moran was a man of considerable intellectual ability but there was a clear problem over the years relating to drug abuse.
    Oi Minestrone, is he a member of your family?

Leave a comment:

• Chutney Spoon
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Actually, you can. Some foods are decorated with edible gold leaf. However, you can't digest it. So presumably, with appropriate equipment, one could eat it, then re-harvest it.
    It's been tried. Just watch out as your tulip can catch fire! Man who tried to turn his faeces into gold is jailed - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Lots of lovely HY shares to buy at the moment I think. Holding powder dry but have bunged a bit in an emerging markets fund on the dip.
    Not touching gold, price entirely relies on expecting another mug to buy it for more later.
    If you wait long enough there will always be another mug. Gold's strange that way.

Edit: In fact, speaking of mugs, where's Milan? He's always going on about his Aay-Ewe or something like that.

Edit2: I'm also waiting for an update from Alfred J on the state of the grey slate market. I'd imagine they remain grey slates.
    Last edited by Bunk; 17 May 2012, 10:00.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Lots of lovely HY shares to buy at the moment I think. Holding powder dry but have bunged a bit in an emerging markets fund on the dip.
    Not touching gold, price entirely relies on expecting another mug to buy it for more later.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    errr - buy high, sell low. I am sure that is right?
    If you're a trend follower

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    If you can't spot the fool in the Market then you're the fool.

I like this game, your turn!
    errr - buy high, sell low. I am sure that is right?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    There is always a fool in the market. And they are the fools.
    If you can't spot the fool in the Market then you're the fool.

I like this game, your turn!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    And those poor bastards who bought at $1900 an ounce? **** 'em.
    There is always a fool in the market. And they are the fools.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    It makes sense. One cannot eat gold.
    Actually, you can. Some foods are decorated with edible gold leaf. However, you can't digest it. So presumably, with appropriate equipment, one could eat it, then re-harvest it.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Lots of upset people on HousePriceCrash forum who stuff all of their STR money into Gold. I think they are now blaiming Mumsnet

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Trying to find anything consistent to invest in at the moment is proving difficult. The Eurozones death by a 1000 cuts is making investment predictions extremely difficult.
    +1

Everyone knows the Eurozone has to break up. Get on with it and get the uncertainty out of the way.

Thankfully I have no money to invest which makes life easier.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    And those poor bastards who bought at $1900 an ounce? **** 'em.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Trying to find anything consistent to invest in at the moment is proving difficult. The Eurozones death by a 1000 cuts is making investment predictions extremely difficult.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Always believe in your soul. You've got the power to know you're indestructible.
    Gay.

Next?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X