• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "One of the upsides to living in London..."

Collapse

• Armstrong55
    replied
    Not to leave your window open

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Saying "free" tends to put people off. Put a sign on that says "£25 - ring bell if interested" and they'll disappear quickly.
    I am told that method works well in the US, especially for old computers or washing machines that don't work.

The culprit isn't actually going to come back and complain that they've nicked a dud

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    Pleased you live in a criminal area (unless you put a notice saying free to a good home?) >?
    Saying "free" tends to put people off. Put a sign on that says "£25 - ring bell if interested" and they'll disappear quickly.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied

I'd put them out next to the bins & recycling. Just found out the local Saffa brigade have appropriated them to recline by the braai.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    There must be a depression going on if someone is desperate to steal RH's fart infested old sofa.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Remember not to leave your window open.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    We put out our old dishwasher. Lasted 1 minute!

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Mrs RH & I just came back from a pub lunch, and both the couches were gone! Can't have left them for more than 2 hours.

Pleased in a way, as they have many more years life left in them and they've gone to a home instead of the tip.
    Pleased you live in a criminal area (unless you put a notice saying free to a good home?) >?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Bought a set of sofas a couple of weeks ago, they were delivered today.

I'd sent out a fleabay email to friends, one of whom had laid claim to the old sofas. Fell through at the last minute and he couldn't take them.
    The guys who delivered our new ones didn't have enough space in the van to take the old ones. Nevermind, we thought. Stick them outside near the recycling and we'll get the council to take them away.

Mrs RH & I just came back from a pub lunch, and both the couches were gone! Can't have left them for more than 2 hours.
    Pleased in a way, as they have many more years life left in them and they've gone to a home instead of the tip.

Mine were also delivered in a couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    started a topic One of the upsides to living in London...

One of the upsides to living in London...

I'd sent out a fleabay email to friends, one of whom had laid claim to the old sofas. Fell through at the last minute and he couldn't take them.
    The guys who delivered our new ones didn't have enough space in the van to take the old ones. Nevermind, we thought. Stick them outside near the recycling and we'll get the council to take them away.

Working...
X