• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: At what point

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "At what point"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    All taxes should be taken into account - buying some beer in a pub that's tax paid
    I agree. Every financial transaction that everyone makes is taken into account, and votes allocated according to net tax paid on it. Including cash transactions.

We'll just knock up a government computer system to handle it.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I think that the only people allowed to vote, should be those with an IQ over 120 or better still, those with an IQ over 130.

Then again, those with IQ's in this range and above, already know that voting is a fultile effort as any lying numpty who gets voted into office will ultimately be self serving to the detriment of the rest of us anyway.
    Hilariously true. What a catch 22, prove you are intelligent, by, er, being unintelligent.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I think that the only people allowed to vote, should be those with an IQ over 120 or better still, those with an IQ over 130.

Then again, those with IQ's in this range and above, already know that voting is a fultile effort as any lying numpty who gets voted into office will ultimately be self serving to the detriment of the rest of us anyway.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    It seems pretty reasonable to me - if you don't pay tax you don't get to vote.

Pensioners might get some tax credit for tax paid previously, other than that it's simple - pay tax and you get appropriate amount of votes.

Want tax the rich a lot? Well, then they'll get lots of votes!

All taxes should be taken into account - buying some beer in a pub that's tax paid
    Which would put the bankers in power forever. Do you want rid of bankers or not?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

The poorest and most serf-like get no say at all though, getting poorer and poorer until the day they lop the rich man's head off.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    AtW speaks an infinite deal of nothing; his reasons are as two grains of wheat hid in two bushels of chaff; you shall seek all day ere you find them, and when you have them they are not worth the search.
    It seems pretty reasonable to me - if you don't pay tax you don't get to vote.

Pensioners might get some tax credit for tax paid previously, other than that it's simple - pay tax and you get appropriate amount of votes.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    WHS

Number of votes should be directly proportional to tax paid - this way companies should also be allowed to have a say, provided they pay tax

80% voters turned to vote in France, viva la Liberty!
    AtW speaks an infinite deal of nothing; his reasons are as two grains of wheat hid in two bushels of chaff; you shall seek all day ere you find them, and when you have them they are not worth the search.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    Our sons school has just been told that it has to cut 20k from its budget - its a small rural school. All the rural schools have the same / similar cuts. This is in a budget of approx 100k. This will probably close a lot of small rural schools. These are the best schools in the area. Gutting.

Luckily these cuts will not take effect until Sept 2015 term. The school can plan.

Bigger schools are not getting these cuts - Gove has decided that all schools should get the same money per pupil. THIS DOES NOT WORK IN RURAL AREAS but is still going ahead.

This will cause even more families to leave the countryside as they will not be able to get their kids to school, OR its going to cause more and longer school runs - who wants their four year old commuting 30 minutes plus to school?

BLOODY STUPID IRRESPONSIBLE PILLOCK OF A SECRETARY OF STATE FOR EDUCATION.

I've voted for a range of parties over the years, including this one, but the way this Government is using hammers to crack nuts that don't need cutting. Why the hell are small rural schools, the heart of these communities being attacked in this irresponsible short sighted ....

Just need to rant...

Oh the joys of anonymous forums.

You are being fisted by the gentle hand of the market.

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Our sons school has just been told that it has to cut 20k from its budget - its a small rural school. All the rural schools have the same / similar cuts. This is in a budget of approx 100k. This will probably close a lot of small rural schools. These are the best schools in the area. Gutting.

Luckily these cuts will not take effect until Sept 2015 term. The school can plan.

Bigger schools are not getting these cuts - Gove has decided that all schools should get the same money per pupil. THIS DOES NOT WORK IN RURAL AREAS but is still going ahead.

This will cause even more families to leave the countryside as they will not be able to get their kids to school, OR its going to cause more and longer school runs - who wants their four year old commuting 30 minutes plus to school?

BLOODY STUPID IRRESPONSIBLE PILLOCK OF A SECRETARY OF STATE FOR EDUCATION.

I've voted for a range of parties over the years, including this one, but the way this Government is using hammers to crack nuts that don't need cutting. Why the hell are small rural schools, the heart of these communities being attacked in this irresponsible short sighted ....

Just need to rant...

Oh the joys of anonymous forums.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Only 7% voted in our Mayoral vote, or whatever it was.
    Must be doing a good job as he keeps getting voted in...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    WHS

Number of votes should be directly proportional to tax paid - this way companies should also be allowed to have a say, provided they pay tax

I'll stick to cold calling as long as you stick to suicide

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    However I also think we should give them another 8-10 years to sort it out.

You must be joking.

That is unless you meant giving them 8-10 years in Belmarsh.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I think we should hold the tories responsible for the current situation.

However I also think we should give them another 8-10 years to sort it out.

Given that it can take 2 years to do a simple IT project I think that turning the countries fortunes round would benefit from not having a change of leadership every 5 or so years.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Only 7% voted in our Mayoral vote, or whatever it was.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    WHS

50% of those are probably the peasant with pitchfork brigade, so thank God only 30% in the UK can be arsed to vote

Leave a comment:

Working...
X