• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where do I learn the art of bullsh1tt1ng?"

Collapse

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Bitbucket
    Our sales department have a pretty good conversion rate , I have seen what were once honest and upstanding engineers who have ventured into sales support being turned into outright liars.
    That's part of the job. Simple scenario (from my last employer):

[Sales] Yes our e-commerce system supports heirarchical variant options
    [Customer] Great! Can I have it by Friday

Followed by:

[Sales] Can you hack a multivariant system with heirarchical product options into X by Friday or we're SOL.
    [Tech] YOU ******* TOLD THEM WHAT????
    [TechMgr] **** this tulip - I'm going for a fag.

Leave a comment:

• Bitbucket
    replied
    Our sales department have a pretty good conversion rate , I have seen what were once honest and upstanding engineers who have ventured into sales support being turned into outright liars.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    after which he will pop out for a couple of cigarrettes.
    I often like to pop out for a couple of fags

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by WageSlave
    How long have you been posting on this forum? Have you only just realised that I'm in love with Franco and desperately want to take it up the gary????
    If that's the case I suggest you visit the YMCA gym in London. You will recognise Francko as the short, hairy, scared-looking, muscle bound bloke narcissistically staring at himself in the mirror, while muttering to himself about "bullies", after which he will pop out for a couple of cigarrettes.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Are you one of Francko's gay body-builder gym mates?
    How long have you been posting on this forum? Have you only just realised that I'm in love with Franco and desperately want to take it up the gary????

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by WageSlave
    The answer, Franco darling,
    Are you one of Francko's gay body-builder gym mates?

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    The answer, Franco darling, is to work for me. I can just about get my arse into my pants each morning, yet have managed to blag a six month contract extension

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    Nice one Xenophon!

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    Try here
    Nice one Xenophon!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    Let's face it, the more years I work and the more I realise that all the skills are completely useless. And in many case not only useless but counterproductive indeed. So many times knowledge proved to be a burden rather than a help.

So how do I go learning about bullsh1tt1ng? Is there a course of study somewhere?
    Read all my posts. I am actually a very precocious, yet very bored, only child aged six.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105
    spelt
    Hold your horses Shim, says Xeno smugly

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Master Po

There is a book by Harry G. Frankfurt, ISBN: 0691122946

HTH

Oh yes - Po - how could I forget.

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    spelt

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Master Po

There is a book by Harry G. Frankfurt, ISBN: 0691122946

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Point of order: Grasshoper was the student! Name the master?
    Good point - you are quite right! No idea who the master was and am not going to cheat and Google for it...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X