• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How well do you sleep?"

Collapse

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    I’ve found antihistamines (Piriton in particular) very helpful recently to ensure a good night’s sleep, although it does take me until at least mid afternoon to wake up properly (depending on how many I’ve taken the previous evening).
    Yes, some anti-histamines and sleeping tablets contain the same active ingredient. However anti-histamines are far cheaper, just for a different label.

In response to the poll, I was tempted to pick the insomniac option but picked the "shut the f**k up" one. Every night, the OH will go up, not a sound! Then as soon as I climb in to bed later, non stop snoring! Drives me mad.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    I’ve found antihistamines (Piriton in particular) very helpful recently to ensure a good night’s sleep, although it does take me until at least mid afternoon to wake up properly (depending on how many I’ve taken the previous evening).

HTH

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Never been able to sleep more than 6 hours... if I try I end up getting a sore back and feel rough as ****.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    As a founder member of the CUK Insomniac Club I think that speaks for its self

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Sleep very soundly as long as I don't have Tea or Coffee in the evening.

I do have to take sleeping pill for a week when working in India or USA, and a week, when I come back.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    I cannot remember having a bad nights sleep. Often it feels like the morning alarm BUZZ-RING-DING-DONG!!!!! comes a bit too early though.

I have learned to appreciate that I sleep well as I hear from many people who have trouble sleeping that it is very very annoying.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Like a Gazelle ready for action. Very light sleeper, wake up alert which is annoying, so I have to have a few drinks to dull the alertness each night.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Clearly you lack imagination.
    What else can one do?

And yes you do have to spell it out for me.....

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Some of the time.

Learn to read.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    nope, even andyw must sleep
    Only when his mummy puts him in a nappy and gives him a bottle.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Go and get it sorted!

A woman is ******* useless if she can't spend at least some of the time on her back!

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    My back wakes me up and keeps me awake every night and has done for months. Not quite curry house, and worrying about it doesn't keep me awake, but I guess it comes under 'health issues'.
    Go and get it sorted!

A woman is ******* useless if she can't spend at least some of the time on her back!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    My back wakes me up and keeps me awake every night and has done for months. Not quite curry house, and worrying about it doesn't keep me awake, but I guess it comes under 'health issues'.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    I for one welcome our new GAL/Dalek overlords!
    You grovelling bastard!

Btw, I sleep like a dog. With my nose resting on my bollocks!

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Invalid poll, no AndyW option.
    nope, even andyw must sleep, I decided this poll would benefit having a GAL/Dalek option instead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X