• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Maybe its because I had a bad night but this nearly has me in tears"

Collapse

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Sorry. I apologise. Your mum and I ..
    Thank heavens, your troll counter is restored. Not far to 22,000 cut-n-pastes now, eh?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Besides, it's not Afgan or Afghan it's officially the "Islamic Republic of Afghanistan" (Persian/Pashto: افغانستان, Afġānistān).

So you're both numpties
    Oi Vidal Sassoon!! Go split your hair elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Besides, it's not Afgan or Afghan it's officially the "Islamic Republic of Afghanistan" (Persian/Pashto: افغانستان, Afġānistān).

So you're both numpties

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Has the cut-n-paste function stopped working on your keyboard? I couldn't see the mandatory "Your mum and I..." reply.

God forbid if you now have to stop, think and type before posting on CUK!
    Sorry. I apologise. You're correct it's a bad oversight. Your mum and I had been at it all night and I was a little tired. Won't happen again.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    I reckon you fight because you can't feckin spell.

It's Afghan.
    Has the cut-n-paste function stopped working on your keyboard? I couldn't see the mandatory "Your mum and I..." reply.

God forbid if you now have to stop, think and type before posting on CUK!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    THe dog looks more like 'right, feck, right, oh, feck, right, so who's throwing the green monster next then?'

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    True, and most of us noticed but because of the emotional post we refrained from correcting him.

Thankfully we have a total pedantic Tw@t on hand to do it for us

THe dog looks more like 'right, feck, right, oh, feck, right, so who's throwing the green monster next then?'

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

It's Afghan.
    True, and most of us noticed but because of the emotional post we refrained from correcting him.

Thankfully we have a total pedantic Tw@t on hand to do it for us

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I know its sentimental tulip but this tulip has just caught me at the right/wrong time for it to hit a nerve and although we bicker and often come to blows when we are in the same room (we are now no longer allowed to sit next to each other at family dinners after repeatedly stabbing each other in the hands with our forks) I can't wait for my brother to get back from Afgan so we can continue to beat lumps out of each other.
    Maybe a puppy would bring you both closer together?

Respect to your brother for the Afgan tour. Seriously.

But beating each other up and stabbing each other with forks..? Bit stupid, TBH.

It's Afghan.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    thats more like it.
    get some good jokes ready for him, tell them when he is noisey, then leave him alone when he gets quiet
    WHS. Completely.

Even now, 5yrs after they've been out of there, some of my old colleagues wont talk and still go quiet. I was lucky enough to get out before it went pete tong. Good luck to your bro, tell him to keep his head down and come home safely.

(And assuming he's Army, he'll be smiling after the Army win today! )

Scooby.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Well funny you should say that on the day he deployed he server his wife divorce papers so I think he's more chance getting a warm reception from the dog rather than the bitch
    thats more like it.
    get some good jokes ready for him, tell them when he is noisey, then leave him alone when he gets quiet

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

But beating each other up and stabbing each other with forks..? Bit stupid, TBH.
    We are close, if I ever need him he is there like a shot (I remember him driving half way across southern England to bail me out of Yeovil cop shop one night), we are just dickheads to each other when things are going well

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    [video=youtube;4G80oSZ--QU]its sentimental tulip but this tulip has just caught me at the right/wrong time for it to hit a nerve and although we bicker and often come to blows when we are in the same room (we are now no longer allowed to sit next to each other at family dinners after repeatedly stabbing each other in the hands with our forks) I can't wait for my brother to get back from Afgan so we can continue to beat lumps out of each other.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    stop it you big softy.

when I used to come home on leave, I had to beg my bird to run around with me balls in her mouth,

I think a big fck-off wolf would have been safer

Well funny you should say that on the day he deployed he server his wife divorce papers so I think he's more chance getting a warm reception from the dog rather than the bitch

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    stop it you big softy.

when I used to come home on leave, I had to beg my bird to run around with me balls in her mouth,

I think a big fck-off wolf would have been safer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X