• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Real Ale...........Discuss"

Collapse

Guest replied
    :rollin
    You're right, I should have realised - Chewbacca has less stubble than Sandy.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    No, thats Chewbacca.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Bottom row, second left is Sandy
    I think you'll find it's middle row far right.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I wonder if one of the guys in that lineup is the developer whose initials 'MZ' appear in the header of DOS .exe programs?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yea right ! At this point I must reluctantly agree with MarillionFan (see 24 hours to live thread). Spod you are a complete ****** !
    OK, the OS/2 Device Driver king was none other than Gordon Letwin I met him on a course he was running for IBM in Boca Raton. Bill Gates & Paul Allen came to a meeting between IBM & Microsoft at Hursley Park.

Anyway, off to pack, flight to Amsterdam this afternoon to catch a connecting flight to Tel Aviv.

A software engineers lot is a happy lot! Ciao Losers!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    was taught to write OS/2 dvice drivers by one of 'em
    I was taught C++ by a one fingered Albanian asylum-seeker. "Wage slave," he would say to me, for such is my name, "always remember that delegates are for meetings, not programming languages".

Chechi, for such was his name, gave me some fantastic advice: "wageslave, if you want to play in the mud of life, you can't go wrong with C and Essex birds".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yeah, that's fiddle. Still at it today on £20/hr whilst the rest of them are zillionaires.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The miserable one back left with small eyes. Do you think he's the only contractor at the place?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I've met 3 people on that photograph
    Yea right ! At this point I must reluctantly agree with MarillionFan (see 24 hours to live thread). Spod you are a complete ****** !

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    at least if you are with geeks getting drunk you can argue anything
    Except the lyrics to Python songs. Get them wrong and it all turns ugly.

and win too without having to punch
    It's best not to punch geeks...they have strange bodies that crumble at the slightest touch and then expensive lawsuits follow...oh, and they have too much ear wax.

what do you prefer the hooligans getting drunk and a punch up afterwoords
    Lord no. Yobbos need precious little excuse for a rumble as it is. Too little responsibility!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I wonder how long before Threaded magically appears on that photograph...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The most ironic thing about that photo is that they all look like Unix boffins!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I've met 3 people on that photograph
    I'll bet you have Spod. :rolleyes

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I've met 3 people on that photograph and was taught to write OS/2 dvice drivers by one of 'em.

Gold star for the first one to post their names!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Middle row, second right is MarillionFan

Bottom row, second left is Sandy

I claim my £....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X