• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: What's a feminist?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What's a feminist?"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Depends on the situation. This is where intelligence is needed. And personally I reckon women are calmer under pressure. Except during rag week. And obviously female soldiers could not be deployed in shopping zones where they would get distracted.

I knew a woman who was very calm under pressure - turned out she didn't fully understand the situation thereby proving the case that ignorance is bliss!

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    If you were in a burning building you would much rather Mrs BP turned up than Wilmslow.

As for soldiering, how much of that requires strength? Pulling a trigger is quite easy.
    I think a woman holding a gun who has PMT is pretty scary

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Not pulling the trigger requires more strength.
    Depends on the situation. This is where intelligence is needed. And personally I reckon women are calmer under pressure. Except during rag week. And obviously female soldiers could not be deployed in shopping zones where they would get distracted.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by darrenb View Post
    In the theory of feminism, it's about "equality". In the practise of feminism it's about "sameness". For instance, the idea that women should always perform the same roles as men, including firefighting, soldiering, etc.

Enough said.
    Shouldn't they be fighting for mens right to have babies then [/Monty Python]

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    If you were in a burning building you would much rather Mrs BP turned up than Wilmslow.

As for soldiering, how much of that requires strength? Pulling a trigger is quite easy.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by darrenb View Post
    the idea that women should always perform the same roles as men, including firefighting, soldiering, etc.

Enough said.

Leave a comment:

• darrenb
    replied
    categorical error

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    fem·i·nism/ˈfeməˌnizəm/
    Noun:
    The advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.
    What does it mean, anyway, to say that 3 apples are "equal to" 3 oranges? If you prefer oranges, they're not. If you're applesexual that's a different story.

This is about taking an arithmetical concept and misapplying it in the sphere of human interactions. How does it translate?...

In the theory of feminism, it's about "equality". In the practise of feminism it's about "sameness". For instance, the idea that women should always perform the same roles as men, including firefighting, soldiering, etc.

Enough said.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    If we had, either there would be no need for feminism or feminism is simply misandry dressed up in the language of victimhood.
    Bingo!!!
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Eh - hang on - everyone's agreeing with wim now?
    Erm I was agreeing with doodab.

While you're up, put the kettle on, there's a good girl!

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    Hahahahaha

I was just responding to each counter point.

I thought my previous posts were explicit enough, obviously not, judging by others comments. I have a full life and have a partner thanks.
    Let me guess, you are a obese beardy anti social with no friends who lives with his mum and plays playstation all day.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    The definitive answer to "What's a feminist?" is of course "A bitch looking for a slap!".

I think we can close this discussion now.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Bingo!!!
    Eh - hang on - everyone's agreeing with wim now?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    If we had, either there would be no need for feminism or feminism is simply misandry dressed up in the language of victimhood.
    Bingo!!!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Ahh, the war of the sexes, sorry chaps but we lost that one a long time ago.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Ahh, the war of the sexes, sorry chaps but we lost that one a long time ago.

Live with it and move on.
    +1

have to face the fact that women are the dominant sex. they run circles round us.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X