• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fracking - is it safe?"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Lets hope Zeity did not have lentils last night or I foresee an earthquake in the Wales area.
    I'm ok now, I had a poo

That is the new in word isn't it

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Talking about Gas

I had a curry last night!

I can't help it
    Lets hope Zeity did not have lentils last night or I foresee an earthquake in the Wales area.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Oh FFS, it's GAS, of course it's not safe!!!
    Talking about Gas

I had a curry last night!

I can't help it

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Oh FFS, it's GAS, of course it's not safe!!!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    <spins dentist drill like Szell>

Is it safe?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    As long as they are only doing it up North, who cares

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    +100 . Alexei is right. At the moment we are dependant big time of Russia for gas. And who would trust a Russian?
    UK does not depend on Russian gas just yet - Norway is a big good supplier also Qatar (you know the one that got Footy World Cup 2022).

Mainland Europe however, especially Germany very dependant on Russian gas - this creates high costs for the industry.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Having said that getting your own stuff is important for energy security reasons.
    +100 . Alexei is right. At the moment we are dependant big time of Russia for gas. And who would trust a Russian?

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    if American states are banning it, even with their FDA and most "regulatory" bodies being run by ex-company directors, I'm sceptical. VERY

one example

Did Fracking Cause the Virginia Earthquake? « The Most Revolutionary Act

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    There is a glut of gas in US at the moment which is pushing prices right down but doesn't immediately help us.
    It will soon - there are a lot of LPG projects that will be ready in 2014-15 and USA will be exporting LPG to Europe and Asia.

Having said that getting your own stuff is important for energy security reasons. It's more viable than windfarms and solar, very clean when burnt and no need to build nuclear stations.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    There is a glut of gas in US at the moment which is pushing prices right down but doesn't immediately help us.
    On a sufficient scale this will help the UK and a big part of the North West that could really do with it.
    Yes, things will have to be carefully monitored but this has to go ahead.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Think of the Carbon!

Well we could just use fracking until we get out nuclear power stations up and going.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    Personally I think:

In large surface area countries - such as America, Canada and Australia its feasible.

In small countries like here its a potential nightmare, earth tremors aside, I'd be more worried about contamination of water supplies.

Lancashire wont care though, because its on its ass economically - which is my major worry. BAE Systems has taken massive losses and unemployment is high.

It will raise GDP so no doubt our stupid politicians will love it too.

A good (and not too biased) film has been made on this called GASLAND

Gasland: A film by Josh Fox

Finally, given that we're in drought its worth wondering how the heck they intend to do it - given that it needs massive volumes of clean water.
    That's easy, use t'gas to heat t'sea water to create t'steam, condense t'steam and force it downt thole in t'ground!

See! We Lancastrians are an industrious breed!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Think of the Carbon!

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Personally I think:

In large surface area countries - such as America, Canada and Australia its feasible.

In small countries like here its a potential nightmare, earth tremors aside, I'd be more worried about contamination of water supplies.

Lancashire wont care though, because its on its ass economically - which is my major worry. BAE Systems has taken massive losses and unemployment is high.

It will raise GDP so no doubt our stupid politicians will love it too.

A good (and not too biased) film has been made on this called GASLAND

Gasland: A film by Josh Fox

Finally, given that we're in drought its worth wondering how the heck they intend to do it - given that it needs massive volumes of clean water.
    Last edited by Scoobos; 18 April 2012, 08:54.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X