• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Private message for AtW / Stek"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    I've got short message from Stek's solicitor - he will sadly not be able to respond in this thread for next few years because he's got done for speeding yet again. Looks like he is getting married again.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'm not Brillopad. I was planning to cycle it, not swim it.
    Fail. Managed 35 in wind, rain, cold and canal mud before deciding to get picked up. Got to the bottom of a massive hill up on to Salisbury plain and so stopped at the
    pub at the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    How will you sort out the visa? You have to be 'invited' I believe.
    Went to Russia a few years ago and used intourist they sort out the visas and "letters" etc... for you.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Why not jump in the canal?
    I'm not Brillopad. I was planning to cycle it, not swim it.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Travel Documentation / Invitations for Russia

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    If you want a cycle K2p2 I'm back on Saturday. Going to
    try and cycle home from Bath in the morning and see how
    far I can get on the canal before jumping on a train. Reckon 40-45 is my limit tomorrow.
    Why not jump in the canal?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

we plan on crossing at Brest-Litovsk, and heading for Minsk

if we dont like it, we will turn around and make a run for the border

I wonder if K2P2 has a fall back / escape plan

How will you sort out the visa? You have to be 'invited' I believe.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    AtW at home

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Yep - I make a point of only ever cycling with twins. It helps me feel unique.

Didn't know you were out of action - hope you get well soon!
    Thanks. In a nutshell: While skiing - ski tip hit ice & stopped immediately, my leg didn't. Nearly recovered though.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I was trying to work out if this was possible in a day, eventually reckon it's a two dayer but going to see how far I can get.
    About 100 miles IIRC. We stopped half way. Day 2 (the Bath end) was flatter than day 1. But we didn't follow the river. Shout when you're back - need to get out/motivated.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Either that's camera-trickery, or you're cycling buddies with 2 sets of identical twins.

When I recover from this broken leg I'll be straight back on the bike, and eager to train for a London-Brighton or Paris. I can average about 70 miles in 5.5hrs tops last time I did anything remotely taxing. Anything more and I'd have to think about panniers, provisions and the like.
    Yep - I make a point of only ever cycling with twins. It helps me feel unique.

Didn't know you were out of action - hope you get well soon!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    So worth 3k plus sore arse to do or not?
    I would say there are more spectacular and easier places to cycle, but depends on how much you like Russian Orthodox Churches and the crushing regularity of Communist era housing blocks I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Really? Did Reading to Bath over two days in 2009. A lot to do in a day. Here's a pic of my mates...

Either that's camera-trickery, or you're cycling buddies with 2 sets of identical twins.

When I recover from this broken leg I'll be straight back on the bike, and eager to train for a London-Brighton or Paris. I can average about 70 miles in 5.5hrs tops last time I did anything remotely taxing. Anything more and I'd have to think about panniers, provisions and the like.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    So worth 3k plus sore arse to do or not?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Really? Did Reading to Bath over two days in 2009. A lot to do in a day. Here's a pic of my mates...

I was trying to work out if this was possible in a day, eventually reckon it's a two dayer but going to see how far I can get.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X