• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: nikon d50

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "nikon d50"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    as somebody who has an epinion on almost everything I have to apologise that I know nout about cameras and struggle to use the most essential features on my ixus 500

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• eddie46
    replied
    Originally posted by scotspine
    with the 18-70mm lens. does any member of the assembly have any experience of this camera? good/bad/indifferent? it's this or the canon 350d on the shortlist and so far, the nikon is frontrunner.
    I came across a cool site that lists all expert reviews for a product in a single page. Most reviews for Nikon D50 SLR Digital Camera are positive. You might want to read them all from one page. Just compare what different experts are saying about it.

http://www.smartratings.com/review/p...al_cameras/163

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by Fungus
    Evolution. I'd give it a million years if I were you.
    I'm disgusted at your so-called secular humanism. You should be pre-emptively killed.

Chico.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus
    I'm a keen artist and am finding the wall of my cave and coloured rock crushed and mixed with water is limiting my creativity. What could anyone suggest as the next logical step?
    Evolution. I'd give it a million years if I were you.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman
    I'd go with the Nikon, but check out the Olympus E series too.
    The latest Olympus deals are extremely good value, and the cameras are nice and small, and have built-in dust removal that keeps the sensor clean. But they are not so good if you want to get serious due to a smaller range of lenses, and the smaller sensor.

You could also pop in to W H Smiths and thumb through the photo-mags. They usually have best buy guides in the back.

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    thanks guys. a lot of very useful stuff here which i will follow up.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by scotspine
    with the 18-70mm lens. does any member of the assembly have any experience of this camera? good/bad/indifferent? it's this or the canon 350d on the shortlist and so far, the nikon is frontrunner.
    Have used the D70s (big brother of the D50) and it was a pleasure to use, gave excellent results. Assume D50 would be similar, less a few bells and whistles.

Phil Askey at http://www.dpreview.com/ is the last word on camera reviews so his D50 / 350d reviews will be worth a read.

Personally I don't like Canon DSLR cameras, even though they seem to be replacing Nikon in the pro arena. The ergonomics seem crap to me compared to a Nikon.

The low-end Canons feel horrible and cheap. The low end Nikons seem well made and solid.

Image quality is very slightly better (less noisey) on the Canon, allegedly, but both produce superb images in 99% of shooting conditions.

I'd go with the Nikon, but check out the Olympus E series too.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    I'm a keen artist and am finding the wall of my cave and coloured rock crushed and mixed with water is limiting my creativity. What could anyone suggest as the next logical step?

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
    I am considering upgrading my John Stock wet full plate camera to a dry half plate. Will the contact images be as good? Does the sepia tone come as a extra?
    I'm considering upgrading my easel to a self levelling one with a stand for a tea cup. Are the new fanlged acrylic paints any good?

Leave a comment:

• Clog II The Avenger
    replied
    I am considering upgrading my John Stock wet full plate camera to a dry half plate. Will the contact images be as good? Does the sepia tone come as a extra?

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    you cheeky monkeeeeeeeeeee

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    my ixus 500, always gets red eye

dunno why

lost a lot of good photos to red eye

Milan.
    Should've got one of these, Milan. It might be a bit more within your photographic capability level.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    my ixus 500, always gets red eye

dunno why

lost a lot of good photos to red eye

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Wish I could get a bloody polariser for my crappy digital compact. The thing is eternally suffering from flare.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X