• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do you throw litter on the street?"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Sexist, homophobic and disability descriminatory all in one post. Like it!

Oh, I should also mention that other deities and demigods are available.
    I aim to live up to my signature, my canine compadre.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by al_cam View Post
    Puts me in mind of these Tesco recycling machines that give clubcard points for recycling cans.

And is it New York where you used to see the guys with huge bags of plastic bottles collecting the refund money?

Not sure it will work here though - I still see the deposit type glass bottles just lying around - and I think they are 30p refund.

Bring back hanging for littering. After the first hanging, the problem will be solved.
    You'd think it wouldn't be too hard to design a machine that will scan an item's barcode to find out how recyclable an item is

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    The worse case of blatant littering was in the back of a clapped out bus with no suspension, being driven by a moron whose grasp of the laws of physics was fragile, to say the least. While being knocked around in this mobile death trap, the heat in Morocco at that time was intense, all of us simply sweated like blind lesbians in a fishmongers.

To add to our misery, one of the locals was furiously vomiting a disgusting brown liquid into a clear plastic bag, her foul brew brimming dangerously close to the top.

Much to out horror, once she had expelled the stomach Satan, she tied the bag up and dumped it unceremoniously in the middle of the bus aisle, where it madly writhed, bulged and shapeshifted, threatening to release its tormented toxic demon upon the bus's helpless captives.

I think we all prayed to Edesia that trip.
    In that intense heat I'm sure that the local lady was merely presenting you with regurgitated fluids to prevent you developing dehydration, and you have the cheek to revile her for her selfless act

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    While being knocked around in this mobile death trap, the heat in Morocco at that time was intense, all of us simply sweated like blind lesbians in a fishmongers.

Sexist, homophobic and disability descriminatory all in one post. Like it!

Oh, I should also mention that other deities and demigods are available.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    The worse case of blatant littering was in the back of a clapped out bus with no suspension, being driven by a moron whose grasp of the laws of physics was fragile, to say the least. While being knocked around in this mobile death trap, the heat in Morocco at that time was intense, all of us simply sweated like blind lesbians in a fishmongers.

To add to our misery, one of the locals was furiously vomiting a disgusting brown liquid into a clear plastic bag, her foul brew brimming dangerously close to the top.

Much to out horror, once she had expelled the stomach Satan, she tied the bag up and dumped it unceremoniously in the middle of the bus aisle, where it madly writhed, bulged and shapeshifted, threatening to release its tormented toxic demon upon the bus's helpless captives.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    CM, get the thermometer, Churchy's ill!
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Has CM taken you to the vets to have you done or something?
    I honestly didn't see anything in the post to infer that it was meant "tongue in cheek".

So I can do nothing else but apologise. It won't happen again, make the most of it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    If that was the case I apologise.
    Has CM taken you to the vets to have you done or something?

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    I make a point of only dropping litter in posh areas, like Hampstead or Chelsea, in an attempt to bring down the tone of the area equal to where I live.

Seriously though, I used to live in a house on a main road with a very large hedge, so I can sympathise with others who have had to fish out beer cans. And don't get me started on low-lifes who let their dogs tulip outside your front gate.

Also, I was amazed when I went to Monaco and the streets were absolutely spotless. London looked like a rubbish tip in comparison when I got home.
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 27 March 2012, 23:09.

Leave a comment:

• al_cam
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    When I was a lad you could take bottles back to the shop and get a deposit back.

Maybe comon litter items (like tin cans) should have to have a deposit on them?
    Puts me in mind of these Tesco recycling machines that give clubcard points for recycling cans.

And is it New York where you used to see the guys with huge bags of plastic bottles collecting the refund money?

Not sure it will work here though - I still see the deposit type glass bottles just lying around - and I think they are 30p refund.

Bring back hanging for littering. After the first hanging, the problem will be solved.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    If that was the case I apologise.
    CM, get the thermometer, Churchy's ill!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Make litter out of gold and there would be no litter problem, although it might taken a while to save up for your first Mars bar.
    All that litters is not gold.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    You're getting older, oldies have always complained about litter. Seems to me it was worse in the past, and walking the pavements of tulip was like a doing a slalom. People would leave trails of tulip footprints behind them.
    Yep - no-one picked up doggy-doo twenty years ago. At best you'd kick it into the gutter.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    So is dropping litter for someone else to pick up any different to spam-tagging threads for someone else to clean up?
    You are bad.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    So is dropping litter for someone else to pick up any different to spam-tagging threads for someone else to clean up?
    One is done by a group of cretinous proles while everyone drops litter.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X