• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gordon Brown will cheer on England in World Cup"

Collapse

• Mailman
    replied
    Well my heart bleeds purple p1ss for gordo

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• ClarissaG
    replied
    Not a big footie fan but I think GB is damned if he does/damned if he doesn't in this case. He can't say he wants England to fail for obvious reasons, but if he says he wants them to do well, he'll get reminded of whatever he said in the past.

Don't want to feel TOO sorry for him, but he's in a no-win here.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Bovvered
    It's obviously a cynical ploy to win hearts and minds as a positions himself in the final straight towards leadership.
    Yes. This new, happy, "I love you all" Gordon is so transparent it is laughable.

Leave a comment:

• Bovvered
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    As reported today, despite his demonstrable past hatred of the England footy team.

I wonder why the complete change of heart?
    It's obviously a cynical ploy to win hearts and minds as a positions himself in the final straight towards leadership. I'm no Blairite but when Blair came to power he managed to connect with the voter. Brown is a long way of that.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Are his trips a taxable benefit?

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• jenever
    replied
    He's discovered they all have (newly taxable) offshore accounts?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    started a topic Gordon Brown will cheer on England in World Cup

Gordon Brown will cheer on England in World Cup

As reported today, despite his demonstrable past hatred of the England footy team.

I wonder why the complete change of heart?

Working...
X