• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Argies Catch 22

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Argies Catch 22"

Collapse

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Why not offer to issue free Work Visas for the Falklands to the Argies so they can live and work there.

See how many are snapped up.

About four I reckon.

If the Argies ever got the Islands I bet few Argies will want to move there of their own free will.
    Wait till the oil runs out and that becomes more a pragmatic position

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    There are about 3000 Falklanders. surely it would be cheaper to buy them off for a couple of million quid each, It would cost Argentina a lot less than the Falklands war did and the returns would make that look like small change!

Oh I Forgot, they're broke and can't even afford to fuel their fleets of ships and aircraft
    The idea was mooted in the Sunday Times, who also made thepoint that Chile might Gazump the Argentinians

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Why not offer to issue free Work Visas for the Falklands to the Argies so they can live and work there.

About four I reckon.

If the Argies ever got the Islands I bet few Argies will want to move there of their own free will.
    There area a few there now, but if you think none would move there in an instant, I think you'd be wrong. With all that oil about, the benefits for the islanders now are very good, and are likely to improve.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

About four I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I think the Argies record is stuck:

Falklands 'will be ours one day' - Yahoo! News UK
    A Foreign Office spokesman had said previously: "The people of the Falkland Islands are British out of choice. They are free to determine their own future and there will be no negotiations with Argentina over sovereignty unless the islanders wish it."
    There are about 3000 Falklanders. surely it would be cheaper to buy them off for a couple of million quid each, It would cost Argentina a lot less than the Falklands war did and the returns would make that look like small change!

Oh I Forgot, they're broke and can't even afford to fuel their fleets of ships and aircraft

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I love this thread. Like all great General threads it works perfectly if you only read the prime number pages.

Get in their lads!
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Freudian?
    Nope, he's just confused. HAB will be along shortly to test the water*

*by water I mean his firm round peachy buttocks - let's see if he's still confused after that little introduction to "Hide the sausage"...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Get in their lads!
    Freudian?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I love this thread. Like all great General threads it works perfectly if you only read the prime number pages.

Get in their lads!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Perhaps he thought you are shaunbhoy's sockie?

Easy mistake to make...
    It's a well cultivated one if it is... Anyway, I thought shaunbhoy was your sockie?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Who ever said I was an ex-squaddie? More made up stories from your over active imagination?
    Perhaps he thought you are shaunbhoy's sockie?

Easy mistake to make...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
    Indeed, I would too, given you own forum/blog disproves your own argument. What was it I said about squaddies, especially ex squaddies, not being that bright?
    Once again, you're laughable.

Who ever said I was an ex-squaddie? More made up stories from your over active imagination?

Nonce.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    What was it I said about squaddies, especially ex squaddies, not being that bright?
    If you have forgotten perhaps everyone else has? Can we move on? If I am spoiling everyone's fun they please carry on fighting and just ignore me.

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Indeed, I would too, given you own forum/blog disproves your own argument. What was it I said about squaddies, especially ex squaddies, not being that bright?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    ...and a lot of them seem to think the Falklands aren't safe.

Thanks for that.

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    that blog has contributions from some of the finest military thinkers in the UK at the moment
    ...and a lot of them seem to think the Falklands aren't safe.

Thanks for that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X