• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Virgin Media to provide free Wifi on the Underground."

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    How they did it in Dubai:

Mobile & Wireless Photos: How Dubai’s driverless trains get their wi-fi : Dubai metro
    (properly though, not a Poundshop station-only solution)

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Oh no! Even more blobs left on the seats
    Looks like Boris and Branson pulled it off.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Completely useless if it isn't on the actual train.

Saying that, I can't remember the last time I embarked on a sweaty, rat infested, toenail clipping'd tube train,

Leave a comment:

• sbakoola
    replied
    that is EXCELLENT news for me as an existing Virgin broadband customer (maybe I can get a good deal on their mobile broadband), part of the underground journey I take in the mornings is overground and I get a connection. I thought that the only reason that they didn't do it is because of the terrorist threat with remote signals sent for detonation devices.

Well done Boris and Branson if they can pull it off. Is it Virgin exclusive though ?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    Free WiFi on the tube!! Whooooo!!! This is going to make the 25 mins i spend on there (every week) fly by.....

Oh no! Even more blobs left on the seats

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Free WiFi on the tube!! Whooooo!!! This is going to make the 25 mins i spend on there (every week) fly by.....
    and it's only for Virgin customers after an initial period, non-customers will have to pay! that's not going to get much cust for the 18min commute is it??

Will make it easier for wanna be terrorists to communicate and act tho...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Love the article title. Sounds as if AtW's finally had a good seeing to.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    It's only on the station platform isn't it? It says a lot about what the delays are going to be like during the Olympics.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Virgin Media to provide free Wifi on the Underground.

London Mayor Boris grilled on Virgin's Underground penetration ? The Register

Working...
X