• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Volvo 940 losing Water"

Collapse

• chock
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    I wouldn't start threaded on a car conversation chock, or you could be here for quite a while.
    noted

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by chock
    Off the peg? It's a Merc not a Maybach!

What engine is in the car? - how much did it cost?
    I wouldn't start threaded on a car conversation chock, or you could be here for quite a while.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Y'know I was going to put plaque, but thought that was the stuff on teeth.

What's 'plack' where it's at home then?

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    plaque

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Oh, and I've just remembered there's a little plack in the middle of the waffle iron thingy on the top of the engine that has the signature of some Italian guy to signify it was him what built that engine.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Off the peg? It's a Merc not a Maybach!?
    No, it is an AMG.

What engine is in the car?
    A reasonably big one, light grey in colour, looks a bit like the starship enterprise, part of it makes a whining noise and has AMG written on top on both sides.

how much did it cost?
    It was a present for my daughter so I'm not saying, but affordable.

Leave a comment:

• chock
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    I tend to have cars built for me, I do not buy off the peg. There are other pictures my dear, and the one from the front should be enough for anyone who really knows.

HTH
    Off the peg? It's a Merc not a Maybach!

What engine is in the car? - how much did it cost?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I tend to have cars built for me, I do not buy off the peg. There are other pictures my dear, and the one from the front should be enough for anyone who really knows.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• chock
    replied
    "E55" rings a bell and reminds me some other combination "W120" but that might be another car.

Well that one lives in Doncaster so I tend to not go for badges and do not have them fitted, same goes for other bits of trim, to do otherwise is asking for trouble. If people think it's a taxi, I've done it right, I didn't buy it for other people to look at.

Rear valance isn't where it's at on the AMG Mercedes Elegance suggest a look at the front valance. On a standard Elegance the thing is slotted and goes all the way across the front, on the AMG it is split into three sections and has a grill in the centre section, the collectors either side going to the brakes, like the one on my website...
    Mate if it's an AMG it's not a case of getting things fitted on, it should already be on there. Like the alloys, spoiler and the 5.5 v8 engine!

What makes you think that it's got anything to do with AMG? Your picture merely proves that you have a debadged bog standard elegance (denoting trim level)

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    "E55" rings a bell and reminds me some other combination "W120" but that might be another car.

Well that one lives in Doncaster so I tend to not go for badges and do not have them fitted, same goes for other bits of trim, to do otherwise is asking for trouble. If people think it's a taxi, I've done it right, I didn't buy it for other people to look at.

Rear valance isn't where it's at on the AMG Mercedes Elegance suggest a look at the front valance. On a standard Elegance the thing is slotted and goes all the way across the front, on the AMG it is split into three sections and has a grill in the centre section, the collectors either side going to the brakes, like the one on my website...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    They did for me...
    The only bit that might be AMG is the rear skirt but even that is dubious. The wheels are definitely not AMG and I presume the engine isn't even. All AMG models are 1 letter followed by 2 numbers, i.e. E55 which is what yours should be if it were. The Elegance was just a standard E class (as German Taxi drivers car) with added luxury items including some add-on AMG bits if you wanted.

Darm 'C32 driving AMG Owners Club' stadt

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt

A Threaded AMG Mercedes Elegance...they never made such a car.
    And here's the photo...

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt

They did for me...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    As soon as cars get to the point where they have faults like this or fail an MOT it's time to sell it privately or part ex for something newer.
    Sounds like time for me to buy it then.

Look for water stains.

Examples with my cars have been weeping water pumps (as said above) and connections (pipe to pipe, pipe to block etc) that don't make a good seal. Rarely does the water escape all the time hence a need to check whenever you can.

One of my 120000 mile mondeos has a leaky pipe to cylinder block connector that can only be fixed with a radweld type product. Not leaked in months now.

I prefer petrol leaks. Far more exciting.

Anyone got a 100000 miles plus mondeo they want to sell?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X