• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IT pros more likely to suffer from stress, says new survey"

Collapse

• ratewhore
    replied
    IT - stressful? Bollox!! Yeah, we're really under more stress than the junior doctors in A&E!

Fecks sake - get a grip...

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    Are you the woman with the grey suit on the right?
    Gigham dresses aren't my thing, you want to talk to Arkwrights sidekick.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Of course I didn't write it all, and the team changes constantly with people coming and going, but you may care to play spot the threaded here though...
    Are you the woman with the grey suit on the right?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Fungus
    You must be the one with the pie-stained shirt. I claim my £5.
    Darn it, that was too easy for you lot!

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt
    Shame, wrong, I run most versions of zOS from 1.2 up until the current one which is 1.7 and also OS/390 back to 2.7 and RACF uses mixed case on all of them.
    Now I know I'm in the wrong job.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Of course I didn't write it all, and the team changes constantly with people coming and going, but you may care to play spot the threaded here though...
    You must be the one with the pie-stained shirt. I claim my £5.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I am afraid from a quick google search that threaded should be right.

Yet cannot prove that he wrote it himself though.

p.s. so is it that Racf always supported mixed case but the security manager didn't before 1.7?

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    We must be talking at cross purposes, pre z/OS 1.7 most everything that handled passwords converted them to upper case before passing them on to the security manager.
    I am afraid from a quick google search that threaded should be right.

Yet cannot prove that he wrote it himself though.

p.s. so is it that Racf always supported mixed case but the security manager didn't before 1.7?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    We must be talking at cross purposes, pre z/OS 1.7 most everything that handled passwords converted them to upper case before passing them on to the security manager.

So you could have mixed case, but it was the same as typing the same letter combination in upper case. Which in my language means doesn't handle mixed case.

I'm available for any security problems you no doubt have.

HTH

threaded in "reassuringly expensive" mode

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    IIRC pre z/OS 1.7 it didn't handle mixed case.
    Shame, wrong, I run most versions of zOS from 1.2 up until the current one which is 1.7 and also OS/390 back to 2.7 and RACF uses mixed case on all of them.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    I must be in the wrong job.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt
    Eh! Its always handled mixed case passwords. What platform and OS does it run on and under?

Leave a comment:

• DirtyOldMan
    replied
    A colleague who does not wash, or change his clothes, and smokes, and consequently stinks the place out
    ok I admit it, that was me.

Sorry

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied

TOP TEN COLLEAGUE IRRITATIONS

1. Seeing others not pulling their weight
    2. Managers changing their minds about what they want doing
    3. Lack of support from managers
    4. Pressure from managers
    5. Feeling put-upon by managers
    6. Interruptions by colleagues
    7. Interruptions by managers
    8. Bullying behaviour by managers
    9. Lack of support from colleagues
    10. Bullying behaviour by colleagues
    Mmmm. I'd add:

A colleague who does not wash, or change his clothes, and smokes, and consequently stinks the place out. One friend told me that a female colleague smelt so bad that everyone bought her some soap as a present.

A colleague who displays a "stuff you I have no time to be sociable to the likes of you" attitude.

Condescending managers.

Fungus

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Yeah! Most people who get stressed in this game are really not cut out for it.

threaded in "The reason I don't look busy is because I got it right first time" mode.
    Not sure I agree with that. I nearly left IT when as a permie I was stressed out by obnoxious condescending micro-managers. Now as a contractor I am respected, and the job varies from okay to enjoyable. I suspect contractors are less stressed, as there's less politics, and we just leave if the tulipe starts flying.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X