• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Going to the dark side."

Collapse

• BillHicksRIP
    replied
    Originally posted by monkeyboy
    Come to the 2 year mark on a contract and they want me to go permy

What sort of salary should I ask for (They will renew if I don't go permy) if on a 420 daily rate.

I recon anything north of 70 would be good as I now loose the ability to expense travel to and from site.

Done my sums and its quite scary how much gordon now takes from gross salary.
    Stay being a contractor and get them to stick £5 an hour to cover your loss of expenses for being there 2 years. Worked for me.

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    I often feel it is only the foreigners who keep this country going. I really for the life of me can't see where the money is coming from otherwise.
    City based Financial Services sector. UK would be lost without it.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by Gold Dalek
    Did you miss the news about how he is going to save Africa?
    Ah, the race against Blair for sainthood? No, I didn't miss it.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    It's called wealth redistribution and social fairness.

Or daylight robbery as I like to call it.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    "I did eight months on the dark side myself a little while back. When I looked at my paycheck I wondered WTF he did with all that tax and NICs?"

Here's where some goes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4771937.stm

Leave a comment:

• Gold Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole
    I believe the appropriate phrase is "Let's you keep."

Quite true. I did eight months on the dark side myself a little while back. When I looked at my paycheck I wondered WTF he did with all that tax and NICs. It really p!ssed me off.
    Did you miss the news about how he is going to save Africa?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Well Threaded, mass wise, you must be the other 10%
    I often feel it is only the foreigners who keep this country going. I really for the life of me can't see where the money is coming from otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    My understanding is he's trying to head for a Scandinavian model, look at Denmark for example, 40% work directly for the state, another 30+% work in companies that work for the state, 20+% work in jobs where the state pays their wages ...
    Well Threaded, mass wise, you must be the other 10%

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied

Quite true. I did eight months on the dark side myself a little while back. When I looked at my paycheck I wondered WTF he did with all that tax and NICs. It really p!ssed me off.
    My understanding is he's trying to head for a Scandinavian model, look at Denmark for example, 40% work directly for the state, another 30+% work in companies that work for the state, 20+% work in jobs where the state pays their wages ...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

He uses it to compensate for the tax-avoiding contractor scum that populate this and other forums...

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by monkeyboy

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    They will renew if you don't go permy or they won't??
    If they will, keep billing at 420 a day. It's a no-brainer.

F in "Ker-ching!!" mode

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Peanuts.

Leave a comment:

• monkeyboy
    started a topic Going to the dark side.

Going to the dark side.

Come to the 2 year mark on a contract and they want me to go permy

What sort of salary should I ask for (They will renew if I don't go permy) if on a 420 daily rate.

I recon anything north of 70 would be good as I now loose the ability to expense travel to and from site.

Working...
X