• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Service

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Service"

Collapse

• Mustang
    replied
    Is immigration to blame?

In a word "yes"! Partly!!

Slippage in service standards are based on a number of factors, one of which is the change in social values. Social values over the years have been influenced by immigration.

I am not advocating that immigration is 100% of the problem, just that it is a contributary factor.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip
    I ran a search for: "how to set fire to your bayswater branch"

and got the response:

You searched for "how to set fire to your bayswater branch", more results were found under "how to set fire to your fa water branch"

So where is fa water?
    And where can I buy the matches?

Interestingly when I asked it how to set fire to the Basingstoke branch, it replied:

You searched for "how to set fire to your basingstoke branch"

...So it agrees!
    Keep up the good work, KP.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    I ran a search for: "how to set fire to your bayswater branch"

and got the response:

You searched for "how to set fire to your bayswater branch", more results were found under "how to set fire to your fa water branch"

So where is fa water?
    And where can I buy the matches?

Interestingly when I asked it how to set fire to the Basingstoke branch, it replied:

You searched for "how to set fire to your basingstoke branch"

...So it agrees!
    Last edited by KentPhilip; 16 May 2006, 13:00.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Numptycorner
    Is immigration to blame for everything?
    Yes - apart from new labour which is the cause of the problem so they're ultimately responsible for everything bad (including cancer).

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang
    This thread is so spot on!!

Standards in this country are being eroded slowly but surely. More and more people are willing to accept 98% when they want 100% and before you know it standards start to noticeably slide.

As the make up of society is altered through imigration, so what it means to be British will change. What used to be a standard reaction/response, no longer becomes "standard". Society has allowed things to slide.

If people believe in something, then give the shop feedback. Request that someone acknowledges that standards are sliding. It seems the only thing we have retained as Brits is our desire not to make a fuss, to not complain when we are not happy with something.

If you are prepared to accept something then accept it, if you are not prepared to accept it then take some action. However, don't accpet the spotty kid serving you to understand your beef!!

How did you get to immigration from some spotty faced youth being rude. Bizzare!

Is immigration to blame for everything?

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleetwood
    Sorry, BM, it won't happen again. Honest. Promise.
    Désolé....
    You keep it up, Fleetwood. I find your corrections most amusing.

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Originally posted by eternalnomad
    are the ladies from EAT also polite and courteous ?
    Oh yes Service with smile. Speak better English than the M&S crowd too!

Leave a comment:

• eternalnomad
    replied
    Originally posted by Hart-floot
    The manager at my local branch of EAT in the City seems to recruit only hot looking Latvian and Lithuanian women

M&S seems to stick with the crowd from London's banlieue
    are the ladies from EAT also polite and courteous ?

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Hart-floot
    The manager at my local branch of EAT in the City seems to recruit only hot looking Latvian and Lithuanian women

Sounds like the Bengys on Farringdon road. Seems to be full of eastern european goths. Rar.

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Originally posted by eternalnomad
    No, but a small amount of common courtesy would be nice.

M&S Waterloo - terrible service by gormless spotty oinks
    M&S Marylebone - generally much better service with the occasional please and thank you from the staff.

Perhaps it's all down to the local store manager the way they recruit and retain staff.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Clavdivs
    Just looked if you could send in complaints via the M&S website (last day on site today, winding down). Entered 'Complaints' in their search bar, message returned saying ...
    You searched for "complaints", more results were found under "complements".
    Priceless

Leave a comment:

• Clavdivs
    replied
    Just looked if you could send in complaints via the M&S website (last day on site today, winding down). Entered 'Complaints' in their search bar, message returned saying ...
    You searched for "complaints", more results were found under "complements".

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman
    Did you actually contribute anything other than snide little spelling and grammar corrections?
    Please feel free to repond with some smug little bon mot as usual.
    Sorry, BM, it won't happen again. Honest. Promise.
    Désolé....

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Thin end of wedge

This thread is so spot on!!

Standards in this country are being eroded slowly but surely. More and more people are willing to accept 98% when they want 100% and before you know it standards start to noticeably slide.

As the make up of society is altered through imigration, so what it means to be British will change. What used to be a standard reaction/response, no longer becomes "standard". Society has allowed things to slide.

If people believe in something, then give the shop feedback. Request that someone acknowledges that standards are sliding. It seems the only thing we have retained as Brits is our desire not to make a fuss, to not complain when we are not happy with something.

If you are prepared to accept something then accept it, if you are not prepared to accept it then take some action. However, don't accpet the spotty kid serving you to understand your beef!!

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleetwood
    prole
    Did you actually contribute anything other than snide little spelling and grammar corrections?

Please feel free to repond with some smug little bon mot as usual.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X