• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Drivers who smoke may face £60 fine"

Collapse

• Clavdivs
    replied
    Was your window open because you were smoking ?

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied
    Funny.

Reminds me on Friday I was driving home with my window open a bit. A wasp got sucked in though the window and ended up in my lap. I almost wet meself.
    So there I was, driving along trying to keep my ass from touching the seat until I could get onto the hard shoulder and get that stripey yellow critter out the car.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "I believe that looking at the speedo is also not a good idea as humans are apparently not so quick at refocusing."

Which is what happens in accident blackspots because of the governments 'safety' cameras. Which begs the question, why place something in an accident blackspot which is going to make the driver focus more closely on the speedo rather than the road.

Leave a comment:

• privateeye
    replied
    I shall drive straight home tonight - literally. I will not look up at traffic lights or left and right at pedestrian crossings nor will I look for my lights when it starts to get dark. I will not look down at road markings. All I will do is obey the law look straight ahead and put every fecker in hospital that I didn't see.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Blinking is very distracting, as is sneezing.

I trust Blair and Co Legal MoneySpinners Inc can draft some legislation this afternoon to combat this.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    How about changing the radio station, or a CD. Or winding down the window. Also changing gear, that might distract you too.
    I believe that looking at the speedo is also not a good idea as humans are apparently not so quick at refocusing.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    You still have to press a button and move your hand off the wheel!
    One can do a whole host of things without taking away your observation of the road and your capability of reacting.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    "Or winding down the window."

How old is your car?

You still have to press a button and move your hand off the wheel!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Or winding down the window."

How old is your car?

Leave a comment:

• privateeye
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman
    Presumably, it will be ok to breastfeed while driving though.
    as long as you are a foreign criminal as well

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Presumably, it will be ok to breastfeed while driving though.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Sheesh

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    It would make more sense and save effort for the government if everyone was automatically fined for everything every year and the innocent claimed the money back via the EDS designed "Not Guilty Credits System".

HTH.
    STFU, like Gordon needs any more ideas.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    FFS this would be simpler and fairer

It would make more sense and save effort for the government if everyone was automatically fined for everything every year and the innocent claimed the money back via the EDS designed "Not Guilty Credits System".

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    In-car entertainment will be next. New units must be designed to prevent you adjusting the controls while the car is moving.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    How about changing the radio station, or a CD. Or winding down the window.
    Also changing gear, that might distract you too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X