• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "You know that moment when you think how could I have been so stupid?"

Collapse

• Notascooby
    replied
    I've a 1/2 on Saturday, here's my last few sessions

Today - 10 miles easy cycle to work the home its 20-easy 20-moderate then 20 hard followed by run OTB as 5 X 3min hard / 1 easy. Tomorrow its commute to work easy on bike (20 2 X 10 miles) and race week swim which is:

W/U: 6x50kick + 200 swim
    M/S: 3 rounds of 4 x 50 swim w/10 seconds rest + 200 pull after each set
    C/D: 6 x 100 swim as 2 with 5 seconds rest, 2 with 10 seconds rest, 2 with 15 seconds rest.

Friday is 30 min OW then 20 min jog later on and probably a test spin on bike.
    Sat race..

Before last IM which was a sunday race

Wed was a 30-30-30 cycle with 5 X 3 hard / 2 easy but with 5 min easy at start and finish
    Thur just race week swim
    Fri 2 hr easy spin on bike, swim and 20 min jog
    Sat 45 bike, 15 OTB and 30 min swim
    Sun Race

But I only do a 9 day maximum taper

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    well you have my respect BP, I wish you well.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    what times for each section are you aiming for BP?
    Swim=1.5, cycle=8, run=5.5.

But I have to complete swim within 2.15 hours, swim+cycle within 10.5 and whole lot within 17 hours.

Weather forecast is rain to start at 2am - Dallas has cursed it......

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Many Thanks!

The drinking, eating and warm up sounds good - not sure about the 3 minute sprint though!

I had better prepare my energy source tonight then.

And I have no issues consuming that much bulk of carbs - after iron man my next stupid mission could well be bulk eating contest...
    but ironman is an eating competition

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    what times for each section are you aiming for BP?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Many Thanks!

The drinking, eating and warm up sounds good - not sure about the 3 minute sprint though!

I had better prepare my energy source tonight then.

And I have no issues consuming that much bulk of carbs - after iron man my next stupid mission could well be bulk eating contest...

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    And another question - I have decided on my taper to do 10 minutes of running and cycling each day starting today(Wed, Thu, Fri) with a 10 minute swim on Fri night in the lake where the race will be. Nothing Saturday.

Any experts with a view?
    http://www.highfive.co.uk/pdf's/TRIA...ENGLISH_LR.pdf

page 25

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    And another question - I have decided on my taper to do 10 minutes of running and cycling each day starting today(Wed, Thu, Fri) with a 10 minute swim on Fri night in the lake where the race will be. Nothing Saturday.

Any experts with a view?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    The "smackdown" list is up - Start list – Midnight Man | Bridge Events Dartford | Home of the Midnight WO/MAN

I am number 60. 91 competitors.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    112 mile cycle today - 8 hours 45 minutes. I must remember to get out of the saddle sooner! Apart from that I am in good shape.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    5 weeks to go now! I am training about 3 hours a day now - gradually swapping cycling for running. My main concern is avoiding injury.. Thanks again for all sponsoring me - it spurs me on. We started collecting sposorship at church today - everyone has been so kind and generous.

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    up to £90 to cover a 12 mile course - hmmm there are increasing number of events like these popping up

overall thats lovely but there isnt a week goes by without a mamil/mawil asking for cash for something, last one was a 5k run - FFS
    must be to cover the cost of the power for the electric shock last obstacle..

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Originally posted by moggy View Post
    up to £90 to cover a 12 mile course - hmmm there are increasing number of events like these popping up

overall thats lovely but there isnt a week goes by without a mamil/mawil asking for cash for something, last one was a 5k run - FFS

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    I think the general feeling is that most iron(wo)men are abnormal. And most think I am abnormal anyway.

I didn't get the number of posts I have on cuk by being normal.
    FYI:

If you are using High 5 - sport pursuit have just issued mahoosive discount - no connection, just used them a few times before, delivery takes about 3/4 weeks fyi

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    I think the general feeling is that most iron(wo)men are abnormal. And most think I am abnormal anyway.

I didn't get the number of posts I have on cuk by being normal.
    give this a try.. great fun!

Tough Mudder - Probably the Toughest Event on the Planet

Leave a comment:

Working...
X